My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve, The end of a year.....Snowed in-Day 2

Day 290~ December 31st, 2010.....

This time last year, not only was my handsome husband here with us, but my parents were also. They had surprised us and came into town to visit. So, they spent New Years Eve with us, and we played Scene It on the X-Box. Now, we are down 3 people, and it's the kids and I. We were supposed to go to a friends house and celebrate New Years with them, but since the roads are still really bad, and we are at -12 degrees tonight, the kids and I stayed home.

This past year has had it's ups, and it has had it's downs. It has been a hard, but good year. We had to say goodbye to Josh for a year in March. But said hello to him again in the end of September for two weeks, and will see him again next year. We went to see plays, we met new friends, some who became more family then friends, we went to Washington for a month, avoided a bad accident, and tried to just keep busy while making this year go by as fast as possible until we see Josh again. Here's to what next year brings us, and the one big good thing, of Josh coming home.

During the day we cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned some more as usual. Which included laundry, the kitchen and other things around the house. Nothing to special today. We had bagel sandwiches. Which were bagel, cream cheese, and some lunch meat. Then for dinner I made the kids english muffins pizza. Which was pizza sauce on an english muffin, and cheese. The kids ate those well with their carrots and ranch dressing, and string cheese. Then I made my favorite, buffalo chicken dip with chips.

Tonight we watched Romona and Beevus (I think that is how you spell it) and now we are watching Charlie St. Cloud, while they are drinking hot chocolate, and eating popcorn. I'm having hot apple cider. I'm going to have to pause the movie soon, because it is 11:39, and New Years will hit soon. I have sparkling cider I'm going to be digging out and having that with the kids. At midnight I have 3 kiddos to kiss, but I really miss having my husband around, and being able to kiss him at midnight. Little lady just told me she was going to sleep, and then told me she was teasing.

Here's to a brand new year, and my husband coming home in 2011, I cannot wait. Hopefully the days go by fast, but not to fast. I love and miss my handsome hubby tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.