DAY 280~December 21st, 2010~
The day started off with not much happening. The kids and I got up, got ready, they had breakfast, and then we all ate lunch later. Then we worked on some cleaning of the house, and relaxing.
Around 2:15 p.m or so we were off to my friends house. And this is where the craziness comes in. I dropped the kids off to stay with my friends son, who is a teenager, to watch them, and then with her other young son.
Then, where were we headed? Maybe possibly, somewhere I'm thinking we should have skipped, maybe, not really sure on that one. Well, we went to the Toy Drive on Fort. When we arrived 15 minutes before the door was to open the line was a ways back, almost to the post office. My thoughts, maybe once they open the door, then the line will move inside????? Boy was I completely WRONG!!!!! We spent over 2 and a half hours, OUTSIDE in the COLD!!!! And somehow, I wish now thinking back I would have said something, this lady and her 2 kids managed to CUT in front of us, after we had already been in like at least an hour. SO RUDE!!! I remember the line moving up some, and she was originally on the side, then all of a sudden I look away, look back and she was standing in front of me. Heck no! But I bit my tongue. And now I could kick myself for not saying anything.
I also thought it was Crazy for parents to have their kids with them. For one, it was cold outside, and got colder the later I got. Remember, this started at 3, we were outside in line for 2 and a half hours, we were freezing by the time we got inside. For two, these are suppose to be like from "Santa Claus", or whatever Holiday they celebrate. I brought my birth certificates for my kids to prove I had 3. For them to have their kids, they were just getting toys to get toys, I'm thinking not necessarily needing them. I on the other hand would not have stood in line with my friend that long, if money wasn't tight because I'm not really working, well, I am but Willow House or Arbonne wont pick up until next year. So, yes money is tight right now, and I was there so my kids could have presents from Santa under the tree.
Once we finally arrived inside, it took about a half hour or so to get to the check in desk, where they saw your kids, or checked to see if you had proof you had a kid. You then got a ticket for each child, then a ticket for misc. drawing. You could also pick up some stockings. Then you were off to the next part. They had an area where you picked one "bigger toy" for each child. Basically, I think the toys came from like big lots in that area. Then you were off to the boy part, where it was hectic, crazy busy, and you could pick 10 items for each child, things such as dollar store items, which is fine. Once I picked out the boy items, we had to get in line to get little lady her items. Yes, the girls had a line and the boys didn't.
And once you had got your items, you had to leave, RIGHT THEN AND THERE!!! In fact you were RUDELY walked out!!! I was waiting for my friend who had to go grab something. I was standing aside out of the way because I had a box with all 33 items in it, 11 per child. This guy walks up to me, standing next to this other couple, and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was waiting for my friend, who I told them she was driving. He told me that he would wait by her stuff, but I had to leave. This other couple was nice and helped me start moving her box, as he just walked along beside us. Mind you, their hands were full also, and this rude guy didn't even offer to help. So, we walked by the door, and I stopped. This, sorry, I have to say it, JERK!!!! Went over and got my friend, and told her that we were waiting on her. I didn't tell him to do that, nor did I point out where she was, etc. I was MAD!!! he was just sooooo.. PUSHY, and RUDE!!! I really wish we would have got his name. Really, he treated us like criminals, or something. Completely not acceptable! It's not like we were the last ones in the building, there were still a lot of people, especially in the girls line.
Then, my friend and I came home from our crazy night. Well I took her home, picked up my kids, dropped off a couple of her redbox movies and headed home. We had hot dogs and mashed potatoes tonight for dinner. Crazy dinner, but it was getting late, we needed to eat, so the kids could get to bed.
After they were in bed, I sorted out what items I had for each of my 3 kids. And I figured out what I would use my Heroes at Home Sears card, that came this morning to buy each child to make things even. My daughter is set, I need to pick up a couple of things for the boys.
Now, I'm off to bed, deciding if it was all worth it with the craziness today to get the toys. We jokingly decided that next year we would have a tent, food, propane heater, chairs, food, hot chocolate and coffee and be there early. We will see.
Loving, and missing my handsome husband during this Holiday Season, and Always......
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment