Day 282~December 23rd, 2010~
I'm really starting to think that my friend and I like long lines. After spending forever in the toy drive long line, and then today we went to the library and spent even more time in long lines. At the library they had a free lunch (surprisingly this wasn't a line at all when we arrived). Which they gave us, well, it was the Subway Sandwiches that are long, cut up. With chips, and a cookie then a drink. It tasted so good, and I was so full after I had ate it.
Then we were off to do the activities. First it was singing Christmas music in the middle, with the elves. My oldest and my friends son were sharing a chair, this little girl came over and literally kicked the boys out and took over. We went over and told her that wasn't nice, and she wasn't going to move. So honoree. She was up kicking the boys backs as she took the chair over. We weren't very happy about that.Then my friend got in line with the kids to get their balloons, and I got in the face painting line and waited for them. That line took forever. Some little girl in front of us in line was rudely staring at us. It was crazy. Then my friend said something, not rudely, but then the girl got upset and was telling her friend that she was going to tell my friend off. The girl ended up getting upset and going to get her parents who came in the room. Then my friend went over and talked to the parents. They got it all straightened out.
But during that time, little man had brought his balloon up to me. I figured he was sick of holding it, and was going to watch the movie. Well, I was looking at my friend making sure everything was okay. When I decided to do a kid head count to make sure I had seen all kids in the room. Well, my youngest was gone. I asked my oldest to go find him. He didn't see him. So, I told him to check the corner of the room behind some shelves. Come to find out, the one that usually doesn't like face paining cut in line, hopped in the chair and got a snowman painted on his face. By this time it was to late to pull him out of the chair. I was sooo. embarrassed. I did apologize to those in line, and got back in my place in line so the other kids could get their faces painted.
The face painting ladies did such a great job. The kids faces looked fabulous! Finally we were off to see Santa, which was, you guessed it, another Long..... line!!! My friend took pictures of the kids, and her son. And the kids talked to Santa for a second, then they got to each pick out one toy. The boys were easy, they each picked out the same toy, a car of course. Then little lady took forever deciding what she wanted. She ended up picking out a doll. We then went and dropped my friend off. Oh, I forgot, in the long line to see Santa, I was able to talk to Josh via Facebook, thanks to my I-Phone. So, that was really nice.
When the kids and I got home, I made dinner, and baked those Santa Whisker cookies, in which, I don't think they are that good, so I wouldn't recommend the recipe. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better recipe of other cookies. Then the kids watched a movie and went to bed.
Once they were in bed, my friend and her two sons, one a teenager came to the house. My friend and I needed to go to Kmart to get some last minute Christmas items, and we figured after my kids were in bed would be best for her teenager. That way he could watch t.v, and just sit with them. I finally was able to finish off all of my shopping for the kids. And we then went to Walmart to for a few things. They had all kinds of toys, and Christmas decorations.
Finally we were headed back home for the night. It was a long day. My friend helped me carry my goodies up to the door, I unlocked the door, and who do I see???? My kids, that weren't suppose to be out of bed. Little sneaky kids who knew they weren't suppose to leave their rooms left their rooms a half hour after we left. So, we had to send them back upstairs to take the goodies inside.
I was also able to get all of 1 of 3 children's gifts wrapped, young man. I will do the rest tomorrow night. Time to hit the hay since it is early in the a.m, I'm exhausted.
Loving, and missing my Handsome husband....
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment