Day 284~December 25th, 2010~
We slept in until 10:15 a.m today, I wasn't waking up any earlier then that since I went to bed in the wee hours of the morning. I had let the kids know not to come out of their rooms until I got them.
All 4 of us came downstairs together. I had them sit by the gifts that Santa got them. I took pictures and video. And after they opened their presents, I taped a video by each one of them alone and the presents they got, with a message to their daddy. We missed him tons today, he is a huge part of this family, and it felt like a huge part of us was missing today. But we carried on, as best as possible
After we opened presents, it was brunch time. Since by this time it was lunch time, and we hadn't even ate breakfast. We had waffles, hot chocolate, in which they also drank hot chocolate while opening presents while I had my coffee. Then they had a piece of cinnamon toast.
When we were done eating, it was time to get dressed for the day. Well, they got dressed, and I started cleaning up the mess they had made. It took awhile to get everything cleaned up. They had trash, and toys everywhere. It took awhile to get the mess cleaned, up, then I had got dressed. By this time I was needing to make dinner. I went in the kitchen, and to my surprise, what happened. My phone rang, who was it you ask? The love of my life, my husband, of course. We each got to talk to him, and the kids told them what they got. It was nice talking to him on Christmas Day. We talked for awhile, then he had to go.
It was time for me to finish making dinner. We were having company over, I was making ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, stuffing, fruit salad, well, I believe that is it. Our company brought deviled eggs, corn and cupcakes. It made for a very good, and tasty dinner. I was glad that my ham turned out.
After they left, I fell asleep on the couch, I was so tired from the last couple of days. It just took all my energy out of me. I was so completely exhausted. The kids finally had the chance to play with their new toys, in which they hadn't had the chance to play with today. And then we ended our day, and they were off to bed.
Finally, it's time for me to get some sleep.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and cherished those loved ones that they spent time with. But, not forget those loved ones who are Deployed away from this Christmas.
Loving, missing and thinking of my handsome husband this Christmas Day, and wishing that we were together, but knowing we will be together again soon!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Sounds like you had a good Christmas after all. Glad you got to talk to your love!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a somewhat decent Christmas! Hope the kids enjoyed their day as well!
ReplyDelete