Day 262~December 3rd, 2010~
Today was my Birthday, I'm still in my 20's but getting way to close to my 30's for my liking. And I have to wait 3 and a half months for my husband to be the same age as me yet again. Yes, I'm older then him, just a little, but born in two different years. Which makes me feel really old.
One year ago today, the five of us were all "homeless", well with a Military move. We had left our house in Maryland and were on our move to our new state, with out knowing what home we were going to, and we were lucky we got this wonderful home here. And during our move, on our Birthday I was driving my SUV as my husband was driving his truck, and lucky me, I got lost in Kansas City, on my Birthday with out a GPS. We only had one at that time and I was suppose to be following my husband, but was not able to get over into a lane that he was, and went another direction. So, we had to communicate over the phone trying to figure out where he was. It was a horrible mess, but he was VERY patient with me, and we found each other again, haha. Indeed it was a miracle, lol. And this year, he is deployed, :(
Well, after the older two were off to school, I tried having little man and I go back to bed for a bit. He wasn't having that. When I was trying to fall asleep, I received a phone call from the school. I have my cellphone set with an emergency sounding ring on it so I know it is the school with out looking. Young man had an upset stomach. I was pretty sure he had this from stress of planning a special thing for my birthday with my parents and a friend of ours. He had been bugging me about it the last couple of days. I had them send him back to class, and let me know if he came back to the office. He did of course, but didn't have a fever. So, he went back to class again.
So, I ended up getting ready for the day, and was planning on going to a couple of places. Well, that didn't happen, I got the emergency sound call, from the school again. I was like, okay I'm going to have to pick up young man. But it wasn't for him, it was for little lady, who lets just say, "burped" in the trash can. And so I had to go pick her up. I saw young man, talked to him, and ended up bringing them both home. And I got a free Birthday Pencil, since the kids let them know it was my birthday.
Thankfully no more "burping" happened when we got home, and so I babysat tonight. I had a great surprise from my hubby. Even though he gave away the surprise because he was wondering why it hadn't made it to the house yet. And my surprise arrived as I was on the phone with him. It was a beautiful floral arrangement with a North Pole Scene, A little stuffed snowman, and two balloons, a birthday and a Christmas balloon. I teased him and asked him if he was getting my birthday present and Christmas present all down in one shot. That was great receiving that from him, and especially when I was on the phone with him, which we had to get off not long after because we already talked 40 minutes, and he had to get back to work, haha. So, basically, it arrived in PERFECT timing! Thank you to my handsome husband!
Also, just like mentioned before, young man, my parents, and a friend had something planned for me. It was a little party. There was presents, cake, ice cream and cards. It was great. Oh, and my friend brought pizza for dinner. She had to work tonight for 4 and a half hours, and came back at 10:30 p.m. Thank you to my parents, friend and young man!
Now that my homework, and my Birthday is over, it is time to head to bed!
Loving, missing, my handsome husband today..
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment