My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowed In!

Day 289~ December 30th, 2010

I didn't sleep so well again last night. This time I had a stomach ache, it didn't hurt really bad, just enough where I was completely uncomfortable and couldn't sleep. This lasted from 3 a.m-noon.

When I finally started feeling better, I ate lunch, and got ready to go. Since I wasn't feeling well, and then I knew I had errands to run, I didn't even open the blinds today. So, it was to my HUGE surprise, when I opened the garage door, and what did I see????? Unexpected SNOW!!!!!! Gosh darn it was horrible. My errand I had to run was VERY important, to go pay rent. Which the first is on Saturday! And the roads are also going to be horrible tomorrow.

Well, I had headed out with the kids all buckled up and in tow, and stopped about a block away, because I knew it was coming down good, and up North it would be worse. So, I decided not to go.

Instead, since it was not yet sticking to the ground here, I decided to go to Walmart before the roads were to bad. I needed training pants, milk, baby wipes, and a few other minor things. I told the kids, we have to get in and out as fast as possible before it got worse. Well, we were, within a half hour. By the time we were in line, a half hour after we got in Walmart, well, the cars were covered with snow. I was like, this isn't good, I don't have a 4 wheel drive, my car IS NOT meant for the snow. So, we loaded up the SUV, food and kids. Then I scraped the snow off the side, front and back windows. And we were ready go. Well, my heart was racing the entire time I was driving home, both hands clinched on the steering wheel as tight as they possibly could go on the steering wheel. Closely watching the road in front of me, and leaving plenty of room with teh car in front of me. And I was Praying, "God, Just please allow me to get the Children and I home safely." I slid a little going up one hill, but kept the car in control, besides that I just drove slow. And when I got home I even slid a little in the driveway. But was completely relieved once the car was ALL the way in the garage. My heart was definitely racing then. But I was soooo.. Thankful, we made it home safely! And I'm not going anywhere else for a few days until this all clears up. Which it is suppose to be -9 degrees tonight! Yikes! Which just makes this snow worse, and makes it a sheet of ice on our roads. How very scary!

I was suppose to have another Arbonne party tonight. That was canceled today before the snow hit, do to a heater that went out. Which it was a good thing it was cancelled earlier, because it would have ended up being cancelled tonight do to the snow. So, they say, everything happens for a reason, and that was it. I just really hope that I'm able to get more Arbonne parties, because I want to do really well with that business, and so far the I have had NO luck!

When we got home, I did some laundry, and made dinner. It was breakfast for dinner tonight, scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast, bacon, and carrots with ranch dressing. Yes, carrots, we needed a vegetable in there. And Liz, really wanted carrots for some reason. So that is what we did.

I just gone done playing a game of monopoly with young man. And now it is time to put the kids to bed, then I will be heading to bed shortly after.

Loving, missing and thinking of my handsome husband, dreaming of the day were in each others arms again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.