My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A year with out Santa Claus.....The face of a deployed Soldier's Wife, on Christmas Eve...

Day 283~December 24th, 2010

It was a year with out Santa Claus, who was deployed to Iraq. But Mrs. Claus took over and was making sure that the kids had the best Christmas they could with out Santa Claus, their dad. It definitely wasn't easy. Put a smile on, and move on. (The face of an Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) Sometimes that didn't even work.

It was a lot of stress, which turned into anger sometimes from all the stress. (The face of a deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) To much to do, to little time, trying to make it the best Christmas for the kids with out my husband here. It was definitely hard being the only adult around on Christmas Eve.

During the day we cleaned up the house some, ate lunch, and worked on our cookie dough for our sugar cookies. That went in the fridge for later. Then I fixed my hair, got ready and talked to Josh on Facebook.I was very happy to be talking to him for awhile. (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) While talking to Josh on Facebook, I made dinner. It was Banquet potatoes with a turkey gravy, and biscuits. It tasted really good. I even ate while talking to Josh, then had to say my goodbyes. The kids and I were getting ready for Christmas Eve Service.

It was my first ever Christmas Eve Service. I was looking forward to it.(The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife on Christmas Eve) And I wanted the kids to see the real meaning of Christmas, not all about Santa Cluaus, but the Birth Of Jesus. It was difficult Little man didn't want to sit, but wonder around by the chairs, and if I touched him, he made a noise. I handed him a piece of paper, and a pen to keep him busy. Then they had the candlelit song, I have spaced about the name because I wasn't able to pay much attention, I was busy taking care of the kids, keeping them quiet. After that song, everything went downhill!!!!!

Little lady got on the floor, and threw her shoes. No reason at all. I told her she needed to stop fussing. I let her know that Santa Claus wouldn't come, if she didn't want to listen. That didn't work, she could care less about that. I asked her if she wanted a cookie, she did, she still didn't want to listen. She started getting louder. I looked at the door, and I didn't want to get up with the Pastor speaking. She got even louder, it was definitely time to go. I told her to get her shoes, on, I told the boys to get to the door as fast as possible. And I had her follow me. Again, I was extremely embarrassed,(The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) I believe at this time she was screaming. I'm pretty sure that everyone was looking at us walking out the door, but I didn't look back, I left as fast as I could, never wanting to return to that Church again.

I was in tears in the SUV (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) I didn't know what to do, I had a little girl throwing temper tantrums in the SUV, and I was still extremely embarrassed. But, I decided to do something that was a part of my family tradition growing up. Looking at all the different Christmas lights in our area. I was amazed, at some of the lights I had seen. (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, On Christmas Eve). We had seen so many neat ones, and I believe spent about an hour driving around looking at them. Things slowly got quiet in the car, as the kids were getting excited at what they were seeing. Well, and it was boring to little man, he had fell asleep.

We then went home, got on Norad to track Santa to make sure he wasn't getting closer. Then we used cut outs for the Christmas cookies and baked those. Then I made some chocolate icing, and we put those and sprinkles on the cookies. I was in awe of how the kids were working together (The face of a deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Eve) they even picked out one cookie to give Santa and decorated the one cookie. Then they were off to bed. By this time it was 10 p.m, wow, whoops!

So, Mrs. Claus was up until 3:30 a.m wrapping little man, and little ladies gifts. And putting together a three wheel trike for little man. Something I'm not very good at, so I was frustrated. (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Day) I thought at times it was something I wasn't going to be able to do, I had accidentally done a piece wrong, and it was hard to go back and fix this one piece. I was determined (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Day) that I was going to get the three wheel trike put together in order to see little mans face in the morning. Wanting to see his face in the morning helped me get the three wheel trike fixed so early in the morning.

I was happy (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Day) when I finished the three wheel trike, and I was able to set up all of the gifts from Mrs. Claus, this year to the kids. And then I took pictures.

I was relieved, (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Day) That without Josh's help, I was able to get the kids gifts, with friends help. Get all of the gifts wrapped, and set up on Christmas Eve.

Finally, sometime past 3:30 a.m, I was able to fall asleep (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, On Christmas day). But yet, I had problems getting to sleep, because I was very anxious and n excited to see the kids face's in just a few hours to see what they got (The face of a Deployed Soldiers Wife, on Christmas Day).

Just an example of so many emotions a Deployed Soldiers Wife will experience on not only any day, but a Special family day, on Christmas. We make the most of it with the kids, making it a day the kids won't forget. But not letting them forget about their dad that loves them and misses them, and what the day is truly about, The Birth of Jesus.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and is able to enjoy all of their family and friends. Please don't forget our Soldiers, and other Military members who are Currently deployed, and their family members who are "putting on the happy face" just to get by with out the ones they love, who are deployed.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, you are a very strong woman.

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.