My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The kids were able to see Daddy on skype, and then the dog went missing....

Day 105- (JUNE 30TH, 2010)

Today was another crazy day for us. When we woke up this morning, we were getting up to see Josh on Skype. He wasn't able to make our 9 a.m time Because of work. So, we went to my friends house a little ways down the road. But, walking distance, so the kids and I had a nice walk down to her house.

The kids played for a couple hours, with her four, and stepdaughter, makes five. Then we walked back home. She is not a neighbour, but located a little ways down in the neighborhood. When we arrived home, I saw Josh was on Facebook, so I came downstairs to make sure. He was, and then we got on Skype, and I called the kids down to the basement.

The kid were all three able to see daddy on Skype. The first time they have seen him since he deployed 105 days ago. We were all together as a family chatting, but with my husband thousands of miles away. It was a good, but yet sad, and heart touching thing. I stepped back most of the time to enjoy watching and listening to the four of them. When Josh had to get off and go to bed, we went to eat our late lunch.

Then it was time to go work on the yard some more. We are almost done. I have some raking to do tomorrow, and mowing the yard, and then I'm calling it good. At least for now. Then I needed to make dinner.

By the time the kids were done with dinner, it was time for them to go to bed. With being busy on working on the yard, it has thrown off our schedule. I always have Luke outside when I put the kids to bed, that way he can go potty, and then I can let him back inside so I can worry about my homework.

Well, today, I had Michael put his food outside, because we were running behind with everything and he needed to eat. After I put them to bed, I went to let him in, like I usually do. I looked at his bowl. All of his food was still there. I called him, and whistled like I usually do. He usually comes running. It was quiet. I knew something was wrong. I called for Michael who was in his room, to get me the flashlight out of my room to look in the back yard. I walked around trying to figure out where he was, and how he got out. I found it, he dug himself a hole, and escaped. He was long gone. I was super stressed.

I then went back inside, grabbed my dying cellphone, and text ed my neighbor, this was at 9 p.m. And I went out front to call his name. No response. She then came outside, had her daughter come to my house and sit with my sleeping kids. Then, we went driving around for over and hour, calling his name and trying to find him. We tried quite a few places. This was the neighbor who had him for a month while we were gone. We then came back, checked Craig's list. Found an add for a found yellow lab. We called, the number. That dog was found this morning and already claimed. Then we went and looked some more.

We then got back to the house, they went home. I went downstairs to look up the humane society number. At that point I heard knocking on my door, and my phone ringing. Btw,I left a message on my friends facebook today, the one we went to her house, letting her know our dog was missing, this was while I was looking for the humane society number.

I had a "date" with Josh at 11 p.m tonight, and I was so afraid that I was going to have to tell him our dog was gone. He was not going to be very happy. Thankfully, 10 minutes before our date, our dog was safe and sound with us.

Our neighbor found an add on Craig's list for a found dog. This was 10 something at night, she called and left them a message. They called her back saying they were on their way to the humane society. They asked for a description, our neighbor gave it to them,it matched. They asked the area, she told them. They then said they have a friend on that court, crazy thing, I am that friend. Luke went to our friends house that we were at today. Like I said this is in the neighborhood, but a little bit of a walk. He followed our scent all the way to their house. At first he just sat in their yard, then the garage. And when one of their boys opened the door, he let himself int he house and was running around. I was so afraid someone would find him and keep him. I'm so glad he went to my friends house, and she didn't even know he was my dog.

So, I made the date with 10 minutes to spare. And I was able to tell Josh the crazy story. I'm glad I was able to see Josh 3 times in two days. But, now it will probably be awhile until I'm able to talk or hear from him again. But tonight, we got to talk for an hour, and then for awhile earlier today.

Since it has been a long, crazy day, it is time for me to get some rest. Here's hoping tomorrow is a little more normal, lol!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to see your hubby on skype! Also, really glad you found your dog :)

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.