My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Trying to eat healthier...

DAY 115~

Well, if you were here this morning, you wouldn't have thought we are trying to eat healthier. We were out of cereal. So, I told the kids to make toast, something my oldest knows how to do. I was starting to get ready for the day. Then my daughter came and told me that they hadn't had breakfast. I was like, "What is the matter, you didn't eat toast?" She said, Johnathan ate the bread. Which, when I went downstairs there was an empty bread bag on my counter. This was now an oh no moment, when I was like, what am I going to feed my kids? I needed to go to the store, I was planning on it today, but was planning the toast for breakfast, and the going to the store. So, here it was 10 a.m. I was like, the only thing I can do is fix them lunch foods, they do need to eat, right? I looked in my freezer, and found a frozen burrito, so that is what I decided to make for all 4 of us. Well, after heating mine up, I decided it smelt to nasty for me at that time of morning, and decided to use mine for seconds for them. And I gave them chips. It just had to be good enough, either that, or no food.

So, I went and finished getting ready. Our mission today, The Farmers Market. I saw a sign for one in the area we were in yesterday. I have been wanting to go to one for awhile, so I decided to try that one today. The kids were actually excited to go, even though I did tell them what it was. To buy fresh fruits and vegetables. Michael like to try and eat healthy. So, we went, only two stands though. That was fine, we bought a lot of stuff for $20.00. We bought, peaches, apples, green beans, potatoes,tomatoes, onions, cucumber, watermelon, cantaloupe, homemade jam, corn, I can't remember if there was more. But, we are trying to eat healthy. I have about 6lbs max, I can loose in the next few months. I know, I can't really loose to much more then that. Going to the Farmers Market made me want to buy better healthier foods, even while going to the commissary. That was our next main stop, after going to the house and dropping off our treasures. We didn't want them to rot in the car.

Then we went to Fort, and bought the rest of our food. When we got to the gate, it was pouring down rain, I couldn't even open my window because it was so bad. So, I showed them my I.D, went through the gate, and right after showing them the I.D, it was sunny, but still raining on the other side. It was very strange and crazy.

At the commissary we bought things such as chicken, ground turkey, wheat spaghetti pasta, wheat bread, turkey bacon, and other food items. Then we came home to put all of our food away.

Now it was time to go to my friends husbands promotion BBQ. I did buy potato salad from the commissary today for this, I just didn't have time to make any. I had a great time chatting with some people, and the kids had a great time playing. They were even playing with squirt guns, and go their clothes all wet. And my friends daughter and Johnathan, decided to play in the mud. They both got dirty, but her daughter that will be two was worse. We could have walked to this, because it was right down the road, but with the storms off and on, I didn't want to take my chances of having to walk home in the rain. Of course it ended up not raining about the time we came home.

When we arrived home, it was automatic bath time for the kids. Especially Johnathan. This it was Bible Study, Prayer time, and tearing off a piece from the countdown chain. I have finished up my day by doing homework. Now it's time to hit the hay. I haven't had any communication with Josh since the other day he called, not even on facebook, so he must be a pretty busy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.