DAY 108- (JULY 3RD, 2010)-
Today, I worked on Homework and that was about it until 6p.m tonight. Then our friend and her son came over to go to the Fireworks Celebration on Fort, with other activities.
While we were there, with thousands of other people. The kids played on the playground. Not a good idea at all. To many kids, and to many rude kids that weren't careful around the younger kids. Why do I say this you ask? Well a group of 6-8 year old's knocked my three year old down, and walked OVER him, not around EXACTLY ON him. I was not happy at all. They could have really injured him. I nicely yelled at them that they need to be careful around the other kids. Well, that wasn't our only incident. As I already had enough of the older kids just not being careful, and I was putting Johnathan in his stroller, I had a kid jump of the slide trying to do a stunt, and nearly knocked him down. I had to put my hand out from stopping him from hitting my son, he was close. I asked him to stop, and be careful because of all the little kids. He continued, and about hit us a few more times while trying to get out of there.
Then we went to listen to the music they had going on, by the Army Band. It was great. We all like it, but Michael. He has to complain about everything if it isn't fun for him. While standing there, I had MP'S, someone to do with the fire department, approach me THREE different times. Is she your daughter??? They would ask. Apparently some little girl with blonde hair, a pink shirt, and jean was missing. I was thinking, how do I have proof she is my daughter, even though she is. The first time they asked, I was thinking she had done something wrong, cause they asked, "Is she your daughter", I was like yes. Then a few minutes later someone from the fire department who was helping looked asked the same thing, then literally 2 seconds after that a third person. Yes, they were all MP'S or from the Fire department, not just random people. It really started making me think, I hope it is not a random person who saw her, and gave them the description of my daughter, saying they were missing a daughter. Probably not, but you never know. It was just weird. I had never had to tell so many people before, Yes, she is my daughter!
Then we waited awhile longer, and they had the fireworks. They were nice. But just like any other fireworks to me. It was great spending the time with the kids, and our friend and her son.
It took a little bit to get off Fort because of all the cars. When we finally got off, and were closer to our home, we saw a lot of police on the road going the opposite direction. We were curious, so I turned around. Thankfully when we got to the end of the side street, my friend saw that the sign said DUI checkpoint. Well, even though we hadn't had anything to drink, we still didn't need that. I guess that is what we get for being snoopy. So, went the round about way home.
I was able to talk to Josh some on Facebook last night. Just for a few minutes. Even though it was later in the morning time for him, he was on his way to bed from a long day at work. And it was 3 a.m for me. Wow, since it is now 12:20 a.m, I think it is time for me to head to bed. Good night~
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment