My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If I think about it, it really start's to get to me...

DAY 112-

This DARN deployment that is. I'm married, but yet I feel like a lonely old women. If I think about this deployment, I start to get tears in my eyes. I feel like I'm trapped in a nightmare I just can't seem to get out of, 3 deployments before, that was enough. Now 4, they just seem like they will never end.

Today I had Michael make a chain, to show them how many days until daddy is on his "vacation home", since every day Elizabeth asks,"Are we picking up daddy today?" So, she could see how many more days it is until we do pick up daddy from the airport. Well, I think this chain was a mistake. The chain just seems so long, and it is just a reminder to me, how many days it is, that I have to be separated from my husband. And, that is only until leave. Just that, which seems soooo... long, does not even equal the amount of time after leave. Which is give or take some weeks, days, or months, about half way.

Today I also babysat a fellow Army Wife's little boy for about 3 and a half hours. I also did some laundry, which as of now, I'm caught up with. YES!!! That makes me happy, but, it will just continue of course, add up every day. And then did my daily cleaning of the kitchen, and some other cleaning stuff. It was a busy day today.

Johnathan was still working on his potty training today. He never actually went potty in the toddler potty, but he did sit on it a few times. First thing when we woke up today, I told him, if he needed to go, that his potty was in the bathroom. Yesterday, I brought it out near their toy area, but not in. Just so he saw it, and would want to try, instead of out of sight out of mind. That worked, and that is why he tried. Today, after I told him that, he brought it out himself, and put it where I had it yesterday, then tried a few times. Let's hope he gets this potty thing figured out before daddy comes home on leave. Especially since he has awhile.

Oh, and today, our neighbor, who is on "his vacation home", was edging our yard today. I felt so bad, because he should be home relaxing, and enjoying his break. But, I was also thankful. His wife is the one who watched our dog, and then helped me search for our dog when he was lost. And a few other things too.

I'm writing my blog earlier then usual, since I'm trying to get myself on a schedule of going to bed earlier. That way I can head to bed not long after the kids get to bed.

Here's to not trying to think about this darn deployment, but missing, loving, and thinking about my husband all the time, ;(

3 comments:

  1. Reading your post today was really hard. I had thought about doing the chain thing myself and just pictured it wrapping around the house and couldn't do it. The days are so many and time so daunting. Hang in there friend - you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. He is with you in a way, through your children. I hope the days and nights start passing quicker for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine doing this deployment with children! It's hard enough doing it alone...Hang in there and reach out to us out here in blogland.

    If you are on FB...look me up using my email: sugrtwn66@yahoo.com. We can FB chat anytime you feel like the walls are caving in and you just want to talk!

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.