My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Treasuring my morning Wake Up Call.......

DAY 130~

I'm amazed, 130 days with out my husband near! That just seems like so long, just over 4 months that is. We won't be seeing him until sometime after 180, that is as close as I'm giving because of OPSEC. The day might be in the 180's but, then it might not. My little secret. It's just sometime after that. At least we are closer to that moment, then not. We have passed 4 months, and never have to look back, those are done, they are history, they are staying in my past. We are moving forward with every day, every day we make it through is another day closer until that moment that we see him for 2 weeks. And that my friend, is what I have to look forward to, and hold that moment close to my heart. That moment I think of often, and treasure it, and I'm anxious for it to happen. I fall asleep at night dreaming of that moment, and daydream about it during the day. That moment helps me get through this LOOOOONG separation with out the love of my life!

Speaking of nights, those haven't been a friend of mine. I have tried going to bed earlier, right after 9 p.m. But then I find myself not falling asleep until around midnight. I'm in a dark room, I just can't seem to fall asleep. So much is always on my mind, and not a very comfortable bed, which doesn't help me much. The days have been going by fast, and that is a good thing. Another day closer. I'm excited about that. That is positive thing, it's just getting to sleep to help the night to end.

Yesterday our neighbors son finished working on our fence. So, Luke better not get out! Such a trouble making dog.

This morning I had a good wake up call. I was able to talk to my hubby for about 9 minutes. Well, I think, lol, It seemed more like a dream then anything else since I was just waking up. It felt like the conversation was just getting started, and then he was like, I have to go, other's are waiting in line. I wanted to say, Are you joking?? But I didn't I know he is a very busy man, and So, even though it was only 9 minutes, I will treasure those 9 minutes that I did have to talk with him. It was also only 9, because he had called his parents before, they were only able to talk to him for 12 minutes before they had to go to breakfast. It had been awhile since he had talked to them. And then he called me after. That was why it was so short, it was the time he left after his parents call. Then it was on to the next person in line. I'm so mean, but my thoughts, they can wait until I'm at least able to talk to my husband for 20 minutes, then they can have their 20 minute phone call, or so. But it doesn't work like that, only a dream of mine.

We had gone to Church today. We woke up at decent time, whee I was able to get ready, actually eat something for breakfast, and then have 15 minutes of watching cartoons with the kids before heading out the door. Usually we are always in a hurry, and I might eat something small in the car. It was a good Sermon today about giving the things you have problems with to God, mine was actually patience. Sometimes it is hard to have patience while having 3 kids, and raising them by myself while my husband is deployed. And on top of that having him on my mind and his safety, It always makes me nervous when he is ALWAYS on Missions. This sits heavily on my mind every second of the day. I'm glad to even see a facebook status update when I'm not able to talk to him, just to know he is okay. A simple thing like that means the WORLD to me!

I should go now, and make dinner. Tonight it is going to be ground turkey spaghetti with green beans, which are one of my treasures.

We have almost made it through another day, our Sundays always go by fast since we have Church from 11-12:30, and then by the time we come home eat lunch, and clean it is already time for dinner. Missing, loving, and thinking about my Handsome, Amazing Soldier, my Husband, he is always on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.