My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm loving the Farmers Markets...

DAY 122~

Today, our mission, going to the Farmers Market! I'm going to try my best to budget going to the Farmers Market, once a week to get our fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm trying to keep us healthy. And, I'm like a little kid, for some reason buying the fruits and vegetables from the Farmers Market, makes me want to eat them.

We went to check out the Farmers Market in Old Colorado City. It was about 15 minutes from our house, give or take some. I had heard they had a really good Farmers Market. I got lucky when we arrived. I just happened to turn down this street, when I was trying to figure out where I was going to park at, then I saw a parking lot. And the bonus, it was free! It was just a little bit of a walk to the Farmers Market, but it was great exercise!

When I got to the Farmers Market, I was thinking, wow, this is a lot bigger then the one we went to. But, as I looked closer, all the vegetable stands had about the same four things over and over again. And they were twice as expensive, plus the fruits and vegetables they did have, I wasn't interested in those. We ended up leaving empty handed.

I then decided to stop by the indoor year round, Farmers Market down the road from my house. It is in an old Church. They have craft stands, a hair salon, and some other stuff. I bought our vegetables from one of the stands in it. Today our treasures were, onions, watermelon, apples, tomatoes, red potatoes, green beans, apricots, well I think that was it. We spent $17. It was fun.

Then we came home and relaxed. I got sucked into my t.v watching movies on Oxygen. This would be why I don't watch much t.v. And because of that didn't get much done around the house. Bad t.v!

For dinner tonight I made turkey hot dogs, with sun chips, and I had made up a onion, tomato, cucumber salad with Italian dressing. Michael and I liked it, but the younger two didn't.

The bedtime we usually follow to a T, well, umm, we kind of missed that by an hour and a half. (thank you Oxygen channel, lol). Yes, I could record my movie, or pause it, but it had sucked me into watching it. So, I did. Ha, and I still had baths to give, Bible Study to do, Prayer time, and then tearing off the chain for when "Josh is on his vacation home". It has been at least a week since Michael had made that chain, and it feels like it has not gotten any shorter! It still feels like forever until we get to see him again.

After the kids were in bed, I had to come to the basement and work on my school work, just like every night. But tomorrow is the last night for these classes. And tonight, I had to take a final for one of the classes. Now it is time to get to bed, so we can start another day tomorrow. That way, maybe getting through yet another day, maybe then, our count down chain will feel shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.