DAY 109-
Today was a good day, even though we weren't able to spend it with my hubby. But, my husband wasn't deployed last year either, and we weren't able to spend the 4th with him then.
The kids and I started off the day going to Church. Which is always a great way to start off your Sunday. Then after Church, we came home and ate lunch. When everyone was done eating, well, we were suppose to go to Walmart. I had turned off my t.v, and then I hear someone at the doorbell. It was my neighbor, she had our lovely dog! Even though she was the one that was so very nice, and replaced our fence boards the other day, he broke the bottoms of those and broke out again! Lovely! It was a good thing that she was outside to get him and bring him back. And then of course, we talked for a little bit.
Then the kids and I came in the house and got ready to head to Walmart. We bought a few extra things for our dinner tonight, turkey hot dogs, buns, strawberries, blueberries, whip cream and cake mix. I had bought those to do a flag cake.
When we got home it was time to make dinner, and work on the cake. The kids and I ate our dinner in the front yard. When we were done, it was time to work on the cake. It turned out pretty good for a three, six, and eight year old working on it. I had seen it on the show, when it was , "Jon and Kate, Plus Eight". I had always wanted to try making the cake, tonight we did.
After we made the cake, then each had a piece, we headed down to our friends house. She is the one that lives in the neighborhood, who is not to far, but a little bit of a walk. Her husband lit fireworks for all of us to see, and then we hung out for a little bit. Then the kids and I walked back up to the house, around 10 p.m. We were there about an hour and a half. It was a little creepy walking up this way when it was dark outside. I was watching every vehicle carefully. We saw a van slow down, it about creeped me out. Finally, after a couple minutes, they opened their garage door. I was so thankful that they lived at that house.
When we got home, it was automatically time for the kids to go to bed. It was way past their bedtime, but it was for a special occasion, America's Birthday, the 4TH Of July. And their dad is one of the ones who is out there right now Protecting our Freedom.
I'm so Thankful for those in the Military, Past and Present, who have been deployed, especially the ones who lost their lives, all Protecting our Freedom.
Thank you to my Dad who was in the Air Force Reserve, and spent a little time in the Army, Thanks to my sister Kim, and Tanya, and my brother In law who were all in the Air Force, thank you to my Father in Law, when he was in the Army, and my brother in law who has been deployed at least two times. (Really sorry if I'm forgetting anybody, Thank you to you too!!!)
I'm married to one of those, I'm very Proud of my husband being the Amazing soldier he is. He gives his 110% effort, if not more to be the amazing soldier he is. And even though he has only know his other soldiers, for 5 months, most of that being deployed. He is such a great leader to them. I'm so Proud of you Josh. I think a lot of people would find it hard to be at a Fort, being only two months, in a leadership position, which means he is in charge of a lot of soldiers, and have to deploy only two months after arriving. I know as his wife, I find it crazy. But, he will make sure, that him, and all of those other soldiers make it home Safely. Thanks to those Soldiers, and all the others that are right now, up and working, Protecting our freedom, as I'm able to write this blog.
I love you Josh, I'm very Proud of the Man, Father,Husband, and Soldier that You are!!! You have given up a lot, including being able to raise our Children while you have been deployed three times before, now on your 4th. No words could express how much you mean to us, and we can't wait to see you in "a few months, or less, ;) )
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment