DAY 127~
Today was one of those days, I really just wanted to sleep in, at least until 9, maybe even 10 a.m. But, that of course didn't happen. I woke up at 8:30 a.m and couldn't sleep anymore.
After I ate breakfast, and got ready it was time to do more laundry. There is always laundry to do, I don't know where my kids hide all of their clothes, but it seems like I have a TON to do every day. And, I never get caught up.
The start of the day went by really fast. I don't know where the day went really. I know I didn't waste it watching t.v, because I never turned on the upstairs t.v today. Next thing I knew it was lunch time. Today we had left over curry from last night. I think I forgot to mention that I my last nights blog. I used some treasures, well, we had rice, with the S&W curry sauce I picked up from the commissary. In the sauce it had onions (one of my treasures), and then carrots, not a treasure. Then I decided to make corn on the cob for our vegetable, one of my treasures. I absolutely love this curry, it is one of my favorite foods of all time!
At one o'clock, we had a not very friendly lady come to our house. She was here about the tile in the downstairs bathroom. I may not own this home, we may be renting it, but right now it is our home. I miss the days of owning our own home, and when something needed fixed, I could pick it out. OF course tile is being replaced in the bathroom, and since it's not my house. I don't get to pick it. I just have to be here when they put it in. So, then the not so friendly lady left.
Not long after, I made sandwiches for our ROAD TRIP! We were heading to the Denver Airport, to pick up a fellow Army Wife, who's husband is deployed. It was an hour and a half trip, each way! That meant over 3 hours for the kids and I there and back. They were arriving at 5:45, right smack in the middle of our normal dinner time. I didn't want to have to buy anything for the kids. So, I put peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in baggies, with chips in baggies, added a granola bar, and 4 mini cookies, with a napkin into a larger zip lock back. Each one of us had our own individual "dinner" in a zip lock bag.
After I made "dinner", it was time to head to Fort to get gas. Then I stopped at Burger King for our drinks. I needed a BK Mocha Joe, for the energy of my long drive. Then it was off on the lovely freeway for our hour and a half drive. Well, in which I thought. It was actually 2 hours because of traffic, and 2 accidents. The weather was stormy also. So, we were on the road from 4-6 p.m. Thankfully the kids slept the first hour. The entire time from the time we left Burger King, until about an hour and half later I had to use the restroom. I didn't feel like pulling the kids out of the car at BK, I just wanted to hit the road. So, every time I coughed our something, it was just horrible, cause I needed to use the restroom. Well, we finally stopped, we all went. As we were leaving I handed the kids their dinners to eat in the car. Yes Josh, we ate in the car, even though you don't want us to. But we were picking up your friends wife, and so we should be okay. We were still about a half hour away from the airport, and we had already been through the toll booths (you just drive, don't stop, and it takes a picture of your license plate), we were getting back on, and on the on ramp, they charge $1 on a license plate toll booth to enter the freeway. So, basically I had to pay $1 to go potty. I know it's not that much, but still ridiculous! Pay to get on the freeway, never heard of such a thing. And glad I don't live around the area.
So, then we arrived. And I got a text message, that she hadn't got her baggage yet. I decided to pull over in the 45 minute parking until she texted me again. We were only there for a few minutes when she did, so we went and picked her up.
We were good to go, everyone and everything in the car. Including a little dog, they brought home. But, they were hungry from a long flight. We then ended up stopping at a McDonald's/ gas station to get them something to eat. My kids and I went in to use the restroom, as she was trying to get the dog to go potty. Then we went through drive up to get them some food. We had already ate our dinner that I made.
We were still an hour away from the house at this point. This is driving about 75 mph. It was driving 75 mph-80mph on the way to the airport, after the accidents.
When we got back to the area I had to stop by Walmart because before we left for our road trip, I realized I only had a couple training pants left. I ran into Walmart to get training pants, and her some milk. She stayed in the car with all 4 kids, my 3, her 1. Then we came home.
It was a total of about 4 hours of driving for the kids and I. We finally made it home at about 8:30 p.m, after our stops, and we left at 3:45 p,m. So, it was a long time of driving. I don't think I will do that again, it was just to much for us of a trip, when we weren't going to the airport. One way, wouldn't have been as bad, but still bad enough.
The kids ended up in bad an hour past their bed time. After we did Bible Studies, Prayer time, and then tearing off the chain when daddy is on "his vacation home". Then I had to clean the kitchen after they went to bed. Now it is time for me to get to sleep.
Loving, missing and thinking of my husband, tonight and Always. I cannot wait to see him again, in a a little over, a little under, I know but you don't two and something months...
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment