DAY 118~
This morning, not long after waking up, the kids and I took a friend to the Denver Airport, 1 and a half hours one way. Ack! I didn't realize how far it was until last night, and I was doing research. That was a 3 hour trip for us, to and from.
But, we went to Denver, and drove through it. We were going to stop, but I couldn't find anywhere to stop, and I didn't have my GPS. Well, my middle console in my SUV is broken and I need to take it in. And I couldn't get my husbands locked one in his truck open, to get a GPS out of that. So, we went with out.
Leaving the airport, I had to watch the signs carefully in order to find Denver. Umm, that didn't work to well. There weren't any. We were continuing down the freeway, and I saw the city, and we passed it by. It was not to far away, but we were on a different freeway. So, we ended up off of this exit in who knows where. Michael had to help direct me on the side streets, by looking to see how close the city was, and if we needed to go straight or turn. We made it, but just drove through. Then we headed to find something to eat. We stopped at Good Times. The kids and I ate outside on one of the picnic tables. Elizabeth didn't want to eat outside. Later after we were done eating, I realized this wasn't such a great part of town. It was fine when we were getting our food and eating, but not long after some crazy people, and lots of them came out of no where. We couldn't leave fast enough. And Micheal had to use the restroom, this place didn't have any. We had to go across the street, driving of course, because it was a busy 4 land road. This place was worse. I told everyone to stay with me, and hurry fast. I didn't last long in Denver, because I didn't have my body guard with me. A.K.A my husband. We will have to try that again, going to Denver when he is with us.
So, we made our hour and eighteen minute drive back to my house. Using my phone GPS to help lead me out of the city. Michael was busy asking a thousand questions, and so I turned off the wrong side when the freeway separated. I was so thankful for the phone GPS to tell me which way to go. We made it home safely after driving 70-80 mph each way. It was a long day.
Now I'm dog sitting for 10 days their little dog, who is such a good little boy. And their truck is out front. It was such a long day, that I'm feeling very sleepy right now. I think I could fall asleep a soon as my head hits the pillow. I don't know when I could last say that. Off to bed I go!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Sounds like quite the trip. Have fun dog sitting.
ReplyDeleteyou and the kids made a memory ... someday you'll be reminded "Mom, remember when you took us into Denver and we ended up in the not so nice part of town?".... :)
ReplyDeleteStep~ It was quite the trip. Ended up being kind of long. We only have 3 days left of dog sitting now, :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Karen~ That is truly going to be a memory to talk about.
~Alicia