DAY 135~
It didn't start my day out well, when I was getting milk for my cereal, and it didn't quite smell right. I thought, maybe it is because I'm not use to this milk, and had only bought a half gallon for myself, and the kids had their milk. Well, I got a glass, to a small sip, and I couldn't make the sink fast enough to spit it out. YUCK!!!! It was beyond spoiled and nasty. I didn't even swallow any. But, lucky me, "I still ended up sick." It was awful.
So, then, since I wasn't really "sick", just from the milk I needed to eat my breakfast. Today we went and did the walk in to get Johnathan and Elizabeth registered for their free 16 hours of care a month. They are done, completed, and all three are ready to go! Well, I tried getting them the care on Monday, because I had a Dr.'s appt., but the care was booked for Monday. So, I had to cancel my appt. and re-schedule it. And the kids have care for that day.
After I got them registered it was time for the PX. I let each one of my kids pick out, 1 backpack, 1 shirt, 1 pair of pants, and socks. They have so many clothes, and that is why I allowed them to get one. Plus, the total at the end reminded me of why they only had one of those things a piece.
When we were all finished shopping I decided to eat in the food court. Our day wasn't done, I was hungry, and I was not going home before I finished the rest of my errands. So, I picked the cheapest thing in the food court we could get. It was Burger King. We waited our turn n line, then when it was our turn I gave my order. It was 3 cheeseburger kids meals, with one chicken tender big kids meal. And the guy taking the orders said, two cheeseburgers, with one chicken meal. I nicely said, 3 cheeseburgers, and was just adding one one for each of my children. He was like, "You don't have to be so rude", I was like, umm, I'm not being rude, but if you would like me to be rude I can, he said, "yeah you were", I was like whatever. This mama don't play those childish games with rude cashiers who are suppose to respect the customer and not call the rude. So, we stood and waited for our food, and when the guy gave us our food, I asked to speak with the manager. Which happened to be the guy, I let him know that the cashier needs customer service training because he had told me I was being rude, when I was just letting him know how many I needed. It was also the tone of voice of the cashier with me I just didn't appreciate it. So, the manager was not happy (or at least pretend to be), and said he would talk to the cashier. The little cashier guy was trying to get his two sense in about his rude self and walked over, even though HE HAD A LOOOONG LINE!!! Yes sorry, I know it was busy, but you are working at the PX, during lunch hour, when all of the Soldiers and families are coming in. So, if you can't handle it, don't take it out on me, find another job!
Anyways I was not very happy about that, when I wasn't being rude, and then rudely accused that I was. But I complained to the manager, I felt better about that, and it was time to go eat. It felt like we were there forever while the kids were eating. They were so slow! That or I just got tired of being at the PX. Finally, they were done, it was time to go to the car!
Well, we were sitting in the car, and Michael was like,"My back pack was 10 dollars," I was like no it wasn't it was $14.99. I asked him to hand me the back pack, and I checked the receipt. It was 10 dollars on the tag, and they did charge me $14.00. Everyone was buckled up and ready to go at this point, but this was a 5 dollar difference, and so we all un buckled and went to get our money back.
Then it was finally time to hit the road, and make our half hour drive to pay rent. Well, today it actually turned out to be 45 minutes one way. Just to run in, drop it off, and make the half hour trip back. When we arrived home, that was when I switched my appt. around, and set up hourly care for that time. And talked to my mom on the phone. We were having pizza tonight, and it was a little to early to get the pizza when we first arrived home. After I had done all of those things, it was time to go.
We went to Little Cesar's tonight. Before we went there, I found a place next to it, that when I get my hair done, I will go to it. They actually quoted me a cheaper price, by like 30 dollars to get my hair fixed, then on Fort. And if I recommend 3 people, by the time I go, and they actually make an appt. and give my name, then I can get a FREE haircut when I go it. So, I'm going to try that also. I think it was a younger guy that owns the business, then some ladies that work for him. But, they were all really nice.
Then we got our pizza, bread sticks and pop. We were then ready to go home and watch our movie. We were originally going to watch a movie we already had, but it didn't really work that well. I really didn't feel like messing with anymore of our movies, so I order the Princess and the Frog off On Demand. It was a cute movie. But, the first time, in like FOREVER, I actually fell asleep, at night, sitting on the couch watching a movie. It's not like I didn't like it. I guess we just had a long busy day today. We left the house at 9:15 a.m, then arrived home at 3 p.m for an hour, then were gone for another hour. It was a long day, but guess what, we are through yet another day with out Josh, and we are another day closer to seeing him.
It has been almost 4 and a half months with out him, but nights are still very lonely. I like to put the kids to bed at 8 p.m, because by then I need the break. But, after they are in bed, it's almost like it is toooooo..... quiet!
Thinking of my hubby tonight, wishing he was here with me, wish we could be watching a movie together, I cannot wait until he is home, so that we can do exactly that!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment