DAY 119~
Well, that is what it felt like this morning, when my 6 year old daughter used a hanger, to break into my locked room. In came a 3, and 6 year old, at 6:30 this morning, screaming. And, I already was feeling ill with a headache. Then the two dogs started going off. I was a very un happy person, who was not ready to get up. And they wouldn't leave me alone. Some how, I managed to get them out of my room, and back into theirs so I could fall back asleep. But it was a struggle getting them out, not feeling, well, and still in a half sleep state of mind. I didn't have my 8 year old to help either, he was sound asleep.
When I told Josh later, because I was able to talk to him on facebook, via my lovely i-phone, as I was standing in the kitchen, he thought it was funny. Probably would have been different if he were the one, sleeping in a locked room!
I was in the kitchen, making our lunch to take to the park today. I made sandwiches, took chips, and cut up some watermelon and took that a long with us. The watermelon was one of our treasures from the Farmers Market.
We didn't have anything to take with us to drink. So, we ran through McDonald's. I was wanting a sweet tea. I made my order, and was told to get the total at the first window. So, I drove up, and the guy was like, umm, your total is blah, blah, and I was like, "I just got 4 drinks". Then he told me my order was not in the system. Lovely. So, he took it and we went to the next window. That lady told me the systems were down. I saw two 2 liter bottles of coke sitting by the pop machine, I was being snoopy and asked about them. She told me, since the machines were down, they went to Walmart and bought 10, 2 liter bottles. I thought that was funny, I had never heard of such a thing.
Then we were off to the park. I was originally going to go an hour before this play date so we could eat lunch, and then my kids could play with the others once they arrived. Then since, I talked to Josh, my plan didn't work out so well. But, I really didn't care at that point, since I was able to chat with my hubby.
When we arrived at the park, I noticed some of which, I thought were the ladies. I had never officially met any of them before. I had only know them from a group on facebook. I decided, that they might be leaving soon, and so we will just do our own little thing, just the four of us. While we were eating, I saw a few different people walk to their car, and then back. One of them stopped, looked at me, and said my name. Then she said her's, right then, I recognized her from her picture. When we finished eating, the kids and I moved up closer to the other four ladies. We ended up not staying long after this, because it started to storm. At first, it was just a little rain, then all of a sudden, it started pouring down rain, and windy at the same time. It was awful. So, we all left.
A little while after we got home, it was time for me to make dinner. I used more of my treasures tonight, potatoes to make mashed potatoes, and we ate the rest of the corn on the cob. Then we had honey/ BBQ sauce chicken, that I baked in the oven.
Finally, it was time for me to give the kids baths, do Bible Time,Prayer time, and tearing of the chain for when Josh comes home on vacation. And I'm finishing up my night doing my homework, and waiting for Josh to come on skype, so we can have our date. Unless he is busy, then we won't be able to.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment