DAY 120~ (BTW, He won't be gone 4 months for another 3 days when it's the 18th)
Well, last night ended GREAT!!!! I was able to have a "date" with my husband via Skype for over an hour. I love being able to see and talk to him. But, of course wishing he was here with me instead. He is funny, just to get that extra few minutes to talk to me, he will get ready for work, last night that included shaving, and brushing his teeth. But, that is okay with me, because I still got to see my handsome husband. I went to bed about 1:30 a.m, and had to wake up early this morning to get the car worked on.
Our appointment for my big blue baby, a.k.a my SUV was at 8 this morning. The kids and I woke up at 6:45 a.m to get ready, and left about 7:30 a.m. We drove the SUV there, when we arrived I took the car seats out and put them in the shuttle van to bring us back home. The car was going to take three hours, it had two recalls, and an oil change. And I thought the middle console was broken. I will only say this one time, my husband was right for once, lol! He asked me, "Did you try the key to unlock it?", mine, "Umm, no, why would I need to use the key, if I didn't lock it???". Guess what, the darn thing was locked. How embarrassing, when I know I didn't lock it. Guess it saved me from paying out extra money for it. The recalls were on the breaks, that they could go out and cause an accident (I know just great, huh?}, and the other one was on the fuel, it would say it had more fuel in it, then it really did, and could have you run out of gas. Another, awesome one. Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with these issues, and it was just a preventative thing.
It was sooo.. nice having the shuttle van bring us home, and saving me on stress from chasing after my children in the dealership. I was able to come home, do laundry, and bills, and some other stuff while waiting for the car to be done. It took three hours, just like I was told, but an additional hour to get the shuttle van back. They had other pick ups, and drop offs, to do before they got to us. But, I was okay, because we were home. Then it took us back, after re-loading the car seats to get my SUV. It was nice having the recalls taken care of, an oil change, and bonus a nice and shiny car. This helped take a lot of stress of my shoulders. Btw, they are Southern Colorado Nissan.
But, I knew between talking to my husband, and how easily it was to get those things done, that all good things come to an end. And it sure did. After we arrived home, for basically the rest of the day, the kids fought, had temper tantrums, screamed, back talked, and whatever else. It made my day horrible!!!!!
Then I decided to go to the Post Office, and mail Josh's two care packages. I didn't have the sheet to say what I was sending, and I hadn't closed up the boxes yet, so I brought those with me. We arrived, we went in, grabbed additional boxes, and forms. Then went back to the car, so I could look in the box, and fill out the form. When I was finished, I taped up the boxes in the car. It was starting to get stormy at this time, so we were in a hurry. We went and stood in line, I was holding the two large size standard shipping boxes on top of each other. It was finally my turn. The lady weighed the first one, and got it ready to go. Then she got to the second one, and was like, "Your going to have to take the Copenhagen out", I was like, "Excuse me", she said, "there is a law", I was like, "Since when, my husband has been on now his 4h deployment, I haven't heard of such a thing." She said, "A new law started on June 29th, blah, blah, blah", and she showed me the paper. I was like, seriously, I didn't just waste over 20 dollars to buy my husband this Copenhagen, in which I cannot use. I told her they should have notified people, and posted it or something. I was told, it is not required. So, I had to take this box out to my car, mind you, it was starting to pour down rain at this time,and was extremely windy and I had three children with me. Oh, I forgot, I was able to pay for the first box then, and then I went to the car.
So, I put the kids in the back seat, and I'm trying to figure out, "how am I going to get this box, that I just got done taping up really well, opened again??" The only thing I found, which somewhat worked was my keys. I really didn't have anything in my car, and I had my mind set to send this package. It was hard, but I managed to get the box opened up, and pull the Copenhagen out. Then I used the last little bit of tape I had to re close the box. It was barely enough tape. And I took it back in.
When I went back in, I was just trying to give my opinion about how it was not right that they didn't notify, and how this Copenhagen helps keep my husband awake on the road while he is deployed,mind you this was another lady, the gosh freakin' darn lady cut me off and was rudely saying how she doesn't make the rules, blah, blah, and some other snooty comments. I cut her off, and told her I have the right to my own opinion, an I will state it, wishing later that I added, and my husband being deployed gives me that right to have my own opinion!!!!!
I may not like Copenhagen at all, but my husband is on his 4th deployment, and with the other Soldiers, protecting our Country, and helping keep us safe. So, if my husband, or any other Military personal that is deployed for that matter, wants some type of Tobacco product, then they should be able to receive that tobacco product in the care package. The post office needs to change their laws, and you as a Citizen need to write your congressman, or whoever, and let them know this. It is ridiculous!
The tobacco in the Copenhagen helps keep my husband awake on the road, in which is his job, and that happens to be very important to me, that he makes it home SAFELY!!!!
Even though I first pulled up in the parking lot at 4:15 p.m, I was leaving at 5 p.m. By this time, I was just very mad! And my kids hadn't helped, and continue not helping with me being mad.
There are situations also going on back at home, with some people I know, that I just feel helpless, and I really wish I could be there for them. This hasn't made my day either, just the helpless feeling.
I was so ready for the kids to be in bed tonight, and was glad it was leftover night. Elizabeth didn't want to eat, and threw a 2 hour temper tantrum, which seems to be common these days. By the time I got to Bible Study, Praying, and tearing off the count down chain until Josh gets home, I was sooo... ready. Then it was time for me to meet my best friend for the night, just one Mikes Hard Lemonade, I don't really ever drink, but today was just one of those days, I really needed it. Here's to hoping tomorrow goes A LOT better then today.... CHEERS!!!!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment