DAY 114-
Wow, I'm feeling very sleepy right now. I think this is going to be the first time, in a very long time, that I will be able to fall asleep, as soon as my head hits the pillow. I haven't been sleeping to well lately, tossing and turning, and taking HOURS to fall asleep. I think I my head hit the pillow at 2 a.m this morning, but then, of course I couldn't fall asleep.
Here's something that I wrote on my facebook status this morning, "The reason I deleted over 150 people is, that my husband is deployed right now. I need the support, not people talking behind my back. If want to write about how I deal with the deployment, to help me through this deployment," I will. blah, blah, blah after that.
I wrote this because I had heard some thing from someone, that they they think shouldn't be writing about the deployment, or that I choose this life, this is what I had to say to that,
"Also, when Josh and I were married, it was shortly after 9/11. It wasn't a every other year deployment cycle, or nearly as much then. So, I didn't choose this life. He started his every other year deployment cycle after that. If your family, and you can't understand that, you don't need to be on my friends list either. That was why you were deleted.... GOODBYE! (and by the way, don't go calling my mom to see why your deleted, if you really care, ask me, and I would tell you the reasons as stated above)"
I had deleted some people on my facebook because of no communication with me, what so ever, not knowing what their true thought's were. And finding out, maybe there was a good reason to deleted some people after all. Some of these people, about 14, are family. I really don't need that drama right now. I have three kids that I'm having to raise on my own, while my husband is not in the safest place, and that is on my mind also. I honestly didn't get sad about hearing these things, I just had to let my thoughts out.
I woke up at 7:30 a.m, to my next door neighbor mowing the yard. That was a nice surprise. I wasn't thinking it needed done yet, and I was going to try and mow it when it did. That way he didn't have to mow it. He knows more then me, and must of thought it did, so thank you neighbor, I really do appreciate it
Then I had to get out of bed at 8:30 a.m. We had our repair guy coming to work on the downstairs bathroom. He was suppose to be here the Monday after we got back from vacation, that was almost 2 weeks ago. It wasn't his fault. The computer from his boss crashed, with the schedule on it, and then it took this long to get rescheduled. Nice! But yet, he is not done yet. Since it was about a month and a half ago since he worked on it, before vacation, he forgot what parts he needed. So, he had to run to two different hardware stores to find the parts, he was gone about an a hour and a half. Then had to leave about 45 minutes later for his next appt. He is a nice older guy, and it is not his fault, the company is overworking him.
After he left, the kids and I went and put on our swimsuits. Then we were off to meet a new friend today. We had actually happened to be in an aisle with them at Walmart a couple months ago, I thought it was her, but it was one of those days I hadn't fixed my hair or put on my make-up. I was not even going to introduce myself looking that scary. So, today we finally met. We met at Mc Donald's, stayed in our cars, drove through drive up, waved at each other, then I followed her to the splash park.
The kids had tons of fun at the splash park. It is like sprinkler things, but cooler. I really thought Johnathan would be to scared, but he didn't and they all had a blast. Somewhere that we will probably go again. Her son is Elizabeth's age, but looks the same age as Michael. He is a good kid also, and they all played so well. She also has a teenage step son, that hung out with us. It was fun, until a couple hours later, and a storm started coming in fast. Then it was time to head home.
The kids then changed into their clothes, and we went and got Taco Bell for dinner. It was suppose to be pizza, but really, I was feeling to lazy to drive half way back to where we already were, and drag 3 kids inside. That really wasn't going to happen. So, drive up it was. I got Elizabeth to agree in order to go to Taco Bell, instead of pizza, by asking her if she wanted Mexican Pizza. She agreed, wow, It was easy, which shocked me. Then as I was ordering, she decided she wanted a taco instead. I thought, hmm, the Mexican pizza still sounds good to me, and so that is what I got.
When we arrived home I ordered Alice In Wonder Land from the On Demand on Com cast. I really didn't like the movie, but I didn't think I would either. The kids wanted to see it, and they liked it, so that is what counts. While eating our food, Elizabeth decided she wanted the Mexican pizza that I had bought for myself. So, I told her no this is what mommy ordered, I ordered you something else. This then ended up with a 45 minute temper tantrum. First it started off downstairs, then she went to her room. Once she starts, she doesn't stop for awhile. And she can get loud. Sometimes, all I can do, is just ignore. Which can be very hard. You just don't try and reason with her, or for that matter anything. It will make it worse!
After the movie it was Bible Study, Prayer time, and tearing a piece off the chain, for when daddy comes and sees us. Then into their beds they went.
I then came downstairs to try and hook up the wireless Internet to my lap top. Where is my husband when I need him? lol, I have not a clue what I'm doing, and that kind of stuff comes east to him. All I want to do is be able to use my lap top, wherever I want, the couch, my bedroom, etc., and not be stuck in one standard spot. It would have been nice being able to use my laptop while watching the movie today. Because I have to do my homework, but yet, I was enjoying spending time with our kids. I had Elizabeth on one side, Johnathan on the other. So, trying to connect the wireless Internet, I thought I messed up the main Internet on the computer. I was thinking this is not good, I cannot do my homework, or, get on facebook. What am I going to do? But then, somehow I was able to at least figure that Internet out.
It's time to try and get some good sleep now. I really hope that I don't toss and turn for the at least two hours that I have been. Nights are still hard for me, and then will contine to be hard, until my husband returns home to me. Well, at least for now, I have his vacation home to count down to, I can't wait!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Alicia, I am sooo sorry that you have had to deal with the unfortunate circumstances and delete family members from FB friends list. Sometimes it is just hard for others to understand our situations because they have not walked a mile in our shoes. On occasion we do need to wipe the dust from our feet and in the end everything will work out for the best. I am so proud of you for the strength you have shown over these past few months. I love you, Aunt Vades XOXOX
ReplyDeleteYou wear me out just reading your blog (LOL)! You are constantly on the move with your children, your home and taking care of business! NO ONE can say that your are not a strong woman!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you all have a fantastic weekend!!