DAY 113-
It is always nice talking with my husband, especially since it has been a few days since I last heard his voice. I last talked with him on Facebook on Sunday, but besides that, I think It was last Thursday since I had seen him on Skype and talked with him. He had thought we had talked for 20 minutes, but it was more like 16 minutes and 25 seconds. He had to return to work.
Today I awoke to slamming doors. This seems to be the kids favorite thing to do. No matter how many times I tell them, "knock it off",they seem to like to frustrate me every single morning. Like usual, I couldn't sleep well last night, after tossing and turning all night long, and really not getting much sleep. So, I really didn't want to get out of bed. But, of course I have to.
It was our fourth day in the house, not going anywhere. Don't know why, we haven't been held hostage or anything. I think this was the longest in awhile, that I have been in any home, with out going at least somewhere. Whenever I thought about doing any type of water activity, the weather ended out bad. So, we stayed home, and I cleaned. Something that seems to NEVER end around here. (or for that matter anybody house). I clean one thing up, I have a million of other things to do. So, I guess, the cleaning has held me hostage. Never knowing when to give up and doing something besides clean. So, we are going to do SOMETHING tomorrow, still deciding what that something will be.
I finally dug Johnathan's summer clothes out from the basement. They are finally organize in his closet for the last month and a half of summer. The winter clothes are temporarily put away. I no longer have to go to the basement every day looking for a new summer outfit. Then I will have to do just opposite in a month and a half.
I'm also still trying to potty train Johnathan. I put him in underwear every day. But, it is not going so well. He didn't go potty today, and had a few accidents. It can be so frusturating. I just have to continue working with him.
Tonight I spent awhile deleting some people off my facebook. These people either I went to high school with, and I never talk to, or just people that never comment or say anything to me. Some of them were family. They just don't want to show any kind of support to me, with my husband being deployed for a 4th time, so you know what I just don't need them snooping on my facebook.
I guess it is time to head to bed now. I'm way off from the schedule I was trying to make for myself to go to bed earlier in order to get up earlier, it is 12:20 a.m, ACK! I wanted to go to bed 2 and a half hours ago. That's what deleting about 150 friends off my facebook list did to me, made me go to bed later!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
I did some facebook cleaning the other day and it felt great!
ReplyDeleteEven though you've been in the house..you've been very busy! I hope the weather cooperates soon so you can get out for some fresh air!
ReplyDeleteI love Skype and seeing my husband, too! We suck at talking on the phone (always have), but we do wonderful with Skype!
It's refreshing to clean up your facebook every now and then! I've done that a couple of times; especially right after my parents died and Rich deployed... I realized that some people just didn't matter anymore. Cheers to you! (Oh, look me up..maybe we can chat our way through the rough times of deployment)
So glad he called! Sorry dear about no luck with potty training Jonathan. I am having thesame problem here myself with my little girl.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, hopefully these days go faster so your hubby can come home!