DAY 107- (JULY 2ND, 2010)-
So, I talked to Josh last night on Facebook chat. He started asking me about FRG, how often they get together (if you don't know what FRG is, it is the family readiness group, for the families left behind of the soldiers, to know more information what is going on while they are deployed, and do get together) and how often they call, or email us. I started thinking, well they never call anyways, but I had to go back and check my emails, when the last time I was contacted by them. It was a month ago. WHAT??? That is crazy, I thought they were suppose to be our support system, especially since they guys are away??? Well, I emailed them as I was talking with my husband. So, I got a response today, I was told there is NO FRG this summer, because a lot of people are on vacation. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, not all of us are on vacation! My husband is deployed, him and other Soldiers don't get a vacation, that means, this ENTIRE deployment, us as spouses, need the support from the FRG. I really think it is ridiculous. So, I emailed her, and told her that. And she is like well, I'm on vacation, the 1 Sgt.'s wife just had surgery, and the Co-Leader is on vacation. My reaction, well if you cannot handle the responsibility the entire deployment, give it to someone who can. We need the support the entire deployment, not just here and there. So, I emailed her and asked for email address so I can at least plan play dates or something. I was hoping to be able to meet other spouses who's husbands are deployed, you know, maybe to hang out with this summer. Not meet after summer break. I'm just really P'OD about this whole entire thing. Watch she won't give out the information, because it is private or something. I will then just have my husband give out my email and cellphone to all the wives that are interested. We will get this figured out, okay done being frustrated now!
Today, well, it was just one of those, not so great days. Not that anything bad happened. Just a reminder, our vacation, that we were looking forward to, well, that ended one week ago. And now, the next big thing we have to look forward to, yet still a few months away, "Josh's vacation home", just seems so far away at this point. I stepped outside on the front porch today, because I just wasn't feeling very happy about it all, I had tears in my eyes. The kids were watching their movie for movie night, the second Transformers, and they were eating Sonic for dinner, and me, well I didn't want them to see the tears in my eyes. They have to see me strong, and not wanting to cry. I stopped myself thankfully, but I was just feeling lonely, away from everyone in WA. and being apart from my husband. I just cannot believe, I haven't been able to be with him in 3 and a half months. Crazy!
Let's see what else did we do today. Oh, we went and got gas for the lawnmower, probably won't mow until Monday though, and I bought myself a coffee. That was about all that happened today. Since it is 2:31 a.m, I really think that I should be getting to bed. Our kids will be up in about 5 hours, ack!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
What a crappy FRG! It seems that a lot of times the people in charge of it don't really want to do it or have to the time for it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your FRG! The FRG leaders can't give out e-mails/phone number due to privacy issues...but I don't understand why they don't have someone out there to reach out for help. I hope things get better for you!!!
ReplyDelete