My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Big Fat F on my Commissary Trip today..., and my opinion about President Obamas address...

DAY 167~

I can't believe I almost forgot to write my blog tonight. As I just completed my homework, and I was getting ready to sign off on my Facebook account, I remembered.

I went again today to work out. I'm very confused how, I didn't work out as hard today, compared to other days, and today I'm really feeling the pain. Makes no since to me.

After working out, I came home to get Johnathan off the bus. Then it was lunch time, and I had to go to the commissary. We needed food badly. I had Lot's of coupons, so I figured I wouldn't be spending a lot of money. Boy was I WRONG!!! Some how I spent more then usual. I'm suppose to be spending more when Josh is home, not now. The last few times I have gone to the commissary, I have spent about $160 dollars for 2 weeks for 4 people. This time I spent $220, and that was even saving $20 dollars in coupons. I really need to look at my receipt and see where I went wrong. But, I do pack the kids lunches every day, and so that adds up to, for three kids(Johnathan likes to be included with his brother and sister, so he eats his lunch I make him when he gets home from school.) I just have to watch what I spend next time, but most likely I will be spending a lot.

When I got home from the commissary, it was 10 minutes before the other two were to get home off the bus. So, I put a few things in the house. Then I grabbed the stroller out of the back of the car because Johnathan was sleeping, and walked over to the bus stop.

On the way back from bus stop, one of the ladies that is a neighbor of ours, but not on our court stopped us. She let me know about some more car burglaries that have been happening. Someone is getting into unlocked cars and taking things. Josh's truck is out front, but is locked.

After arriving home it was time to finish putting the groceries away, and then make dinner. Thankfully, I bought something frozen to cook in the oven. My burners on my stove are still now working, it is important they get fixed soon so I can make proper dinners.

Then it was time to Watch President Obama speech. I feel that he is not pushing the fact enough that we still have soldiers deployed and they are in harms way. I was suppose to be on the local news channel tonight, they wanted me to come in and watch that and state my opinion. I wanted Josh's opinion of me going first, and he never got on, so I never did it. They then found another lady. I watched the broadcast, thinking that could have been me, not a lady who's husband is in Afghanistan, where everyone knows we still have Soldiers deployed there. Having a soldier, especially my husband in Iraq, where it is "not combat" is a very scary thing. I just hope the Iraq's don't start something with our Soldiers who are still deployed over in Iraq. We need to keep ALL Soldiers in our thoughts and Prayers, but especially those who are still deployed to Iraq.

Another thought of mine, I hope we don't loose our combat pay, since my husband is still not in a safe situation, but it is not considered "combat" anymore. That would financially hurt us since I'm not able to work, we are unable to pay for daycare for the three kids. I don't know what we would do. This whole deployment is just stressful, and even though I support my husband, and other Soldiers 100%, I'm just ready for him to be home with us. I really don't know how much more stress I can handle of him not being in a great place, on top of him just having to be away from our family.

Tonight was bath night for the kids, then we did Elizabeth's homework, "oh, I forgot I have homework mommy", thankfully it was easy. Then we Prayed, and tore of the piece of chain for when Josh is on leave, thankfully it is getting a lot shorter. Since my homework is complete, I can now sign off Facebook and head to bed.

Thinking, loving and missing my husband, counting down the days until I can see him in the airport, and have him in my arms again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.