DAY 138~
Today was just one of those days, that just didn't go so well. I was debating all day long if I should take Johnathan into the E.R, because he was really ill for the last 24 hours.
Later, I decided to go pick up my very cute aprons, and purse I had bought from a lady who made them. We were meeting up at McDonald's, and I told the kids we were not eating there, just picking something up. That didn't work, we ended up getting McDonald's and heading home. The kids ate at home, and then Michael wanted to go play outside. I let him go out by himself, figuring he is 8 now, he should be okay.
Never again! He came running in the house, screaming and freaking out, he said Luke, the dog had knocked him over and he hurt his jaw/cheekbone very bad. He said he was in a lot of pain, and continued screaming and crying. To top the whole matter off, he told me a pipe had broke outside, and water was going everywhere. Some how he was knocked into the pipe. So, I'm running around the house like crazy, taking care of him, and trying to figure out how to turn the outside water off. I call the guy we rent from, and let him know it was broken and needed fixed, and then I'm also at the same time trying to figure out how to turn the water off. I then go and get the neighbor next door, and she helped me to turn the water off.
Michael is still in pain during this entire time, he had ice and was holding it on his face. We were waiting on the rental guy, and then I was planning on taking both of the boys to the e.r.
The rental guy came, and looked at it, and will be back on Wednesday when they come back to fix other things, to fix that. After he left we headed to the e.r.
When we arrived I let them know, I have one child with an injured jaw/cheekbone, and a little one who has been ill for 28 hours (by the time we arrived). He had something very similar to this last year and was hospitalized for 3 days.
We waited a little bit in the waiting room, and then was taken back for vitals. After those were done we were taken back to a "fast track" waiting room. After I sad down, I heard a guy complaining that they had been in there a long time, I never heard how long. I then asked the other lady how long she had been in there, she said at least 2 hours. Right then, I was prepared to be in there for at least two hours.
All of a sudden I heard our last name called, I thought I was maybe hearing things. We couldn't be going before these people, could we? Well the door shut and the person was gone. So, I went and looked in the hallway. Nobody was around. It was crazy, call our name and run. The place I thought this person had gone, the door was locked. So, the kids and I went and sat back down. By this time, we were only at the hospital maybe 45 minutes. Don't forget, those other people were in that room for 2 hours. Then a few minutes later, the person then came back to get us to take us to the room for the boys to be looked at. I did ask the nurse about why we were going before the other people, because I did feel really bad, and that it wasn't right. I wouldn't have liked it if I was in the other position. She said something about triage, but I still didn't really understand why??
So, they think Michael has a bruise, and Johnathan I just need to watch, and keep him on liquids. We were out of the hospital about 2 hours after we arrived. It wasn't such a bad e.r visit, it was just the fact I had to take 2 of my 3 in, at the same time.
This evening was like I was on a "run", it went by so fast. By the time we got home, it was past dinner time, which caused bedtime to be late. And I forgot my classes started today, then end on October 3rd. I just had so much going on today that I was not able to complete my assignments, but I did finish them tonight before doing this blog. Now, I think it is time to go to bed and get some rest. It was a very crazy, interesting day today.
Even though it was a hectic day, we made it through, and we are another day closer to seeing my handsome hubby.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment