My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Starting the day out Walking for the Fallen, and ending the day with a Daughter Mommy day out....

DAY 157~

Today the kids and I woke up at 7 a.m, to get ready and head to fort, leaving the house at 7:45 a.m. While getting ready, I checked my FaceBook page on my I-Phone, and Josh was on, I talked to him for a bit, and he asked me a good time to call here. I said 10:30 a.m. Then it was time to leave, We were walking for the Fallen Soldiers. We didn't make it to Fort with out trouble though. We woke up a half hour later, then I had planned. Then we all got ready and left. We got to the car, and I was looking for my I.D to be prepared when we got to the gate. I realized, I left it in the now locked house, upstairs in my bathroom. Thankfully I did have the keys, so I ran upstairs to grab it. Then I sat it on the middle console to be prepared when we got to the gate.

After making it to the gate, I reached over to grab my I.D. It wasn't there. So, I had to pull 3 lanes over, get out the car, and wonder where it went in such a short amount of time. I thought I was running late, so I was stressing out. Thankfully, I found it and we were on our way.

We found parking at the Park, and all got out of the car to go look for the people we were meeting up with. I guess we weren't late. They all showed up a little while after us. Since we didn't find them, I went to the booth, to write the name of the Fallen Soldier we were walking for on the "bib."

Today, the kids and I were walking for, SGT. Larry R. Bowman. He was KIA, on Josh's 3rd deployment, about 3 weeks after our youngest son was born, and 2 weeks after Josh had returned to Iraq from his "vacation home", in 2007. Josh wears a black memory bracelet in Honor of him, every day since 2007. We were also walking for all of the other Fallen Soldiers, who fought and died for our Freedom.

I had a nice "bib", because one of my friends we were walking with went to a website, and found the picture and some information on him. While walking, I had a news guy come up behind me and take a picture, my back may have made the news, I will never know, well along with the bib, because it was on my back.

When the walk was over, we came home. I wanted to leave because I was expecting a call from Josh, about that time. I was waiting and wondering why he hadn't called, then I heard a beep on my phone, meaning I had a message. It was from him, my phone never rang. He had tried calling the house phone and my cellphone, I couldn't exactly return his call. I was disappointed after not hearing his voice for a week.When we got home, My plans were to clean the house up, before we had to leave again. That never happened. I hopped on FaceBook, was downloading some of the pictures from today, and then Josh was on. I talked to him for a little bit, until it was time to make lunch, and he had to get off anyways.

Then the kids and I ate lunch, and Elizabeth and I put on our dresses. Elizabeth and I were off on our Mommy and Daughter day out, while the boys got to go to CYS for the 4 hours of care. Michael's day was last weekend, Johnathan's is next weekend.

I have been really wanting to go to this tea house called, Bona Dea Tea house, in Old Colorado City. I first noticed it a few months ago, when we moved to Colorado. I admit, I got the idea of taking Elizabeth to a Tea house from Kate plus 8, when she took her girls. Then, we moved to Colorado, and I saw this one, I have been wanting to take Elizabeth to this place for months now.

When we arrived, I drove up this narrow drive way, in my BIG blue baby, it made me so nervous. I parked, not even sure if the place was a parking spot, it was very confusing. Then we got out of the car, walked to the front, and the door was locked. Ack! They were closed! Darn it, well, I tole Elizabeth we would go find something else to do, so we walked back to the car, got all buckled in, and I was trying to figure out how to get out of this place. It was a tiny area, I felt stuck. I was stressing. Next thing I know, I look out my window and I see a lady standing there. I was thinking, just great, either I'm not suppose to be here or something, well I was afraid of what she was going to say. I rolled my window down anyways.

Well, she told me, that really they weren't closed, and that they just didn't have any business, so were going to just close early, and that she saw Elizabeth in her dress and felt bad. I told her it was okay, that we could just find somewhere else to go since they were closed. She talked me into coming in.

After I re-parked in this small space, we went in. She showed us two areas to sit inside, and then a "secret area" outside. I let Elizabeth chose. She chose the Secret area. The waitress then brought us our menu, I chose a peach tea for me, and a wild berry one for Elizabeth. We then ordered a scone, which the waitress told us would be enough for two. At the tea house they charge either for a cup of tea, or a pot of tea. I ordered a cup for each of us. After they brought the scone out, the waitress said they were bringing the pot of tea out also for us if we want more. I was thinking oh no, I know that costs more, but only wanted the cup. I didn't say anything, since they re-opened the place back up for us, and were treating us like we were Princess' or something. I just felt so special that they opened up again, just for us. We were the only ones there.

After drinking our tea for a little bit, the waitress came outside where we were and asked Elizabeth her name and her favorite color. Elizabeth said blue. Then the waitress said that they had a special surprise for her. A few minutes later she came back with a present wrapped in purple tissue, with ribbon. Once Elizabeth started opening it, it had orange tissue. And on the very inside was a little doll from another country that also turns into a purse. The ladies at the tea house gave this to Elizabeth. And then they came out and sat with us to show us how it worked. I thanked them like a million times, I REALLY appreciated this kindness. After they showed Elizabeth, it was time for us to go. By the time they showed her and stuff, I was feeling really bad for taking up their time, it was already 4:23, 23 minutes after closing. I went to the register, pulled out my debit card, and was trying to hand it to the lady, (I think she had to be the owner of the tea house, not 100% positive) and she said, it is all taken care of. We didn't have to pay for the wonderful experience. I asked her if she was sure, and thanked them a bunch more times.

Yesterdays post was about being so, not full of emotions. Well, that brought out emotions in me. I had tears in my eyes, because I was so happy that they were so nice, and appreciative that they did such a wonderful thing for my daughter and I. That meant a lot to me, opening up for us, giving Elizabeth the gift (which I really don't think was cheap), and then giving us the tea and the scone. Such and amazing experience. I will go back, and yes, I know I will have to pay this time, but it is all worth it. Because I thought I had to pay today. Those Lady's were awesome!!!

After our very touching experience at the tea house, we went down the road to the old Colorado city creamery. We had a hot dog, and chips. Once we were finished with that, we both got a junior size ice cream. She got mint and chocolate chip, and I got a cappuccino one. Between those two places, the time was going by slow. We still had plenty of time left before picking up the boys, 1 and a half hours to be exact, so I was trying to figure out what we should do.

I decided to go back to the same park we did the Walk for the Fallen today, on Fort. Elizabeth played for about an hour. Mainly with this adorable 2 year old. I also was able to talk to his mom for a little bit. Then it was time to go pick up the boys, who ate meatballs for dinner tonight, and head home. Well, apparently Michael fixed one of the "broken" computers tonight, that is what the guy told me. And Johnathan made a project with a cut out pizza and cut out toppings on a paper plate.

Once we got home, it was story time, Prayer time and tearing off the chain for when Josh is on his "vacation home." I have finished my "big" assignment for one of my classes tonight, and have the other one to do tomorrow.

Now I should head to bed, I'm getting very sleepy. But, I just wanted to say how very appreciative of the tea house tonight. That whole situation meant the world to me, and really made my day, week, month, year, and such.

Thinking, loving, and missing my husband!! Can't wait to see him next month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.