My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, August 16, 2010

The kids last day of Summer Break!!!

DAY 152~

I survived Summer Break, me vs. 3 kids!!! Ack! But, I'm alive and kicking, and it hit me like a freight train today. I was so exhausted, I took my first nap in ages. But it was like, it all finally caught up on me all at once. Being the only parent for the last couple of months, being there for all three kids every little needs, trying to also keep them busy and their mind off from why daddy is not here. Tomorrow they are back in school.

It seems weird, I'm use to Maryland and Washington how they do the school year, September to June. Not the middle of August until the end of May. I still feel like it is suppose to be the middle of summer,well technically it is, but their summer break is over.

Today we woke up at 6 a.m. I had a Dr.'s appt. on the Air Force base, but had to drop the kids off on Fort for the free Child care. We get 16 hours per month per child, and I use some of that so I could go to a Dr.'s appt. We left the house at 7 a.m, and arrived around 7:30 a. at the daycare. I checked them in at 7:45 a.m. By the time I let them know who my children were, and filled out some papers, it was 8. I then arrived at my Dr.'s appt. at 8:35. It took me 35 minutes to go from the daycare parking lot, the Dr.'s parking lot.

I made it in enough time to get my X-Rays from my ankle appt. from last week, before my other kind of Dr.'s appt. today. I will find out in 3-5 days if anything is wrong. Most likely just a very painful sprain, but I'm having it checked just in case it is not, since it has been 2 months. Then I walked over to my other Dr.'s appt. I was out of the clinic by 9:30 and on my way back to get the kids on Fort.

Umm, well, I had another interesting experience trying to get off the base. I was in line to leave, and they close the gate for some reason. They were searching a government vehicle, wouldn't let anyone go, and had their guns out and ready to go. It was really creepy. After about 10 minutes, they re-routed everyone to another gate. In which I had never been to and got completely lost trying to head to fort. So, it took almost an hour to get back to Fort. Good thing I had the time, and I had enough time to stop by McDonald's and get me a special treat for my time by myself, a small fry, and a strawberry banana smoothie. Which was good, but then had a horrible after taste. YUCK!!!

Then I went to get the kids. When we left this morning, I packed swim suits and such because we were suppose to go to the pool, and then I also packed, bread, honey, peanut butter, chips, plates, crackers, and a drink to eat before we went to the pool. Well, the weather never cleared up to take them to the pool. We instead went to the Park on Fort to eat lunch, and let them play on the playground in hopes the weather would clear. It never did. So, I talked them into stopping by their school to see if we can find out the teachers name. They agreed. On the way, I found the persons number we were suppose to meet up with and let them know that we were going to skip going to the pool today.

When we arrived at the kids school, the teachers names were posted. But there was also a meet and greet sign posted to meet the teachers today. We arrived at the school at 12:30, and that was 1:30- 3 p.m. It was a good thing that we had stopped, because we were never informed of it. And we didn't know how we were suppose to find out the teachers names, we were stationed in Maryland the beginning of last school year, and didn't know how things were done here. So, then we went back home for an hour.

Well, we actually waited until 2 p.m today to go meet the teachers. They both know where their classrooms are. I took pictures of them by their teachers, and their desks. And then showed them how to get to the outside of their classroom, outside, in which they will go to every day. Then we headed home.

When we arrived home we sorted the school supplies by child that we bought last Friday. Everyone go to put their own school supplies in their backpacks, and then lined them up against the wall in order to go to school in the morning. Even Johnathan starts preschool in the morning, but he is at a different school.

Then, it was nap time. The kids, watched cartoons, and I napped on the couch. I was so darn tired, it was ridiculous. We ate dinner later then usual tonight, but I had planned something easy. Chili, with cheese, and turkey hot dogs in it, then string cheese and tortilla chips. After dinner it was bath time.

Finally, it was time for our bedtime routine, Prayer, and then tearing off the chain for when Josh is on his "vacation home". Now, since I'm done with my school work for tonight, and it's 11:37 p.m, I think I should head to bed. I have to get the kids off to school in the morning, make sure they eat breakfast and pack their lunches. ACK!

Still a little sad that summer break is over, but I think it may be good for us to get back into a routine. That way the time will go by faster until we see Josh is home. At least, next summer, we know for sure he will be with us, we have that to look forward to. Oh, and next month, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.