DAY 154~
We are nearly half way through the deployment. For those of you that have followed from the beginning, can you believe it? Next month he will be here on his "vacation home" for two weeks, and every day that goes by, gets us to being one day closer to seeing him. As you probably already figured, were completely excited about that!
Today, ALL three kids rode the bus. It was a very hectic morning, making sure everybody was dressed, fed, cold lunches were packed and they were waiting at the bus stop on time. I woke up at 6:30 a.m, because I needed to fix my hair before the young ones were up. Then they all woke up at 7 a.m. We headed outside at 7:55, because Johnathan's bus was due at our house at 8:04 a.m. It showed up at 7:56 a.m, 8 minutes early and 1 minute after we had been outside. It was a good thing we were ready to go, or else I would have been running around inside like a wild women, trying to get him to the bus on time. Thankfully, his bus just stops right out in front of our house. I had to send the older two kids to their bus, but when Johnathan's bus left, I walked down to their bus stop and stood with the older two.
When their bus came, it was time for me to leave. My new addiction: WORKING OUT AT THE GYM!!! I'm actually really enjoying it, and having a great time with my new work out partner. I'm going back again in the morning. I hope to be in shape, with in the next over a month, when Josh is home. Plus I'm addicted, I'm already thinking, aww, I can't go Friday-Sunday because of the kids, and I have to wait until Monday! Gosh darn it, what am I going to do with myself. Lol. Is 4 days for an hour each good enough? It is probably not good for my ankle, which isn't liking working out one bit, it hurts, but like I said, working out at the gym is my new addiction, and I just can't stop. I feel like I could be there working out now. After my great work out with my friend, who I have labeled, "my personal trainer", it was time to come home.
I was able to change my clothes and watch a little bit of a movie before going outside to the drive way to get Johnathan from the bus. I took a few more pictures, which I also did this morning. Then we went into the house.
For the next 3 and a half hours I worked on cleaning some of the house up. Mainly doing laundry. Then the kids bus came early, and so I wasn't able to make it to the bus stop like I usually do. I was looking for my shoes, and they had already headed towards the house.
Not long after they came home from school, it was time to go to our monthly dinner. We went to the Golden Corral, because it is a place that Michael has been wanting to go to. It helps the kids understand, it has now been 5 months since they have seen their daddy, but yet they are another month closer to seeing daddy. And this time, we are able to say, we can see daddy next month!! I still am not sure if it is a week earlier then I was thinking, because he has not yet responded.
It was crazy trying to drive to the Golden Corral, I had this car beside me in the other lane, it was a soldier, the kept beside me and was staring at me, which happened fora ways. So, I got in the other lane. Next thing I noticed, they got in the lane I was in and was trying to get next to me again. Thankfully, at that exact time, I noticed the place we were going was right there, I made a quick right hand turn , and it was to much traffic for them to get over. I hope I don't run into this person when I go on Fort to work out.
When we got home, I found out the hard way that my husband doesn't have parental control lock on the OnDemand in the basement. I received a 192.00 dollar bill for Comcast. 50 dollars higher then it usually is. My oldest son was ordering movies from OnDemand when he wasn't suppose to, one of them being 15 dollars. This was when he wasn't even suppose to be watching television, and suppose to play downstairs with the toys. Not happening anymore though! Because I'm not a very happy mom about this one, he knows better.
I think since it is 11 p.m almost now, and the kids have done their bedtime routine, by Praying and tearing of the chain for when Josh is on his "vacation home", and my homework is complete. I need to get to bed, to start the day all over again tomorrow. Goodnight!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Yay for 5 months down! The halfway mark is right around the corner!
ReplyDeleteErin~ I'm very happy that the halfway mark is around the corner, :) It has seemed on the previous deployments, that once we have climbed the uphill of the deployment, the downhill of the deployment always seems to go faster. But, still having to take it just one day at a time, :)
ReplyDelete~Alicia