My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear America, Not all of our Soldiers are out of Iraq.

DAY 155~

This topic has been driving me crazy the last couple of days. I usually try to stay away from the news, but it is everywhere. Dear America, Not all of our Soldiers are out of Iraq. So, please, the news media needs to stop acting like they are.

I know for one, my husband, and other Military Spouses that are around, their husbands are with mine in Iraq. They are not coming home until next year. Please don't forget about them. I believe that the media coverage making it sound like all the Soldiers are out of Iraq, was only to make someone sound good, like they are doing their job. This only hurts our Soldiers who are still deployed, like we are forgetting about them. I know I'm not, and all of them are in my Thoughts and Prayers, especially MY HUSBAND JOSH. And it hurts the Spouses and children (and other family members) who are left behind, waiting on their Soldiers to come home. I haven't had the problem with my family, but some people are having problems with those who don't have family members deployed to Iraq, telling them, the Spouse of the Soldier, that they don't know what they are talking about and the Spouse is wrong. She(or he) is the one that has their loved one Deployed to Iraq, and knows when they are coming home. And that Spouse knows it is not anytime soon.

The Spouse is also the one who is sitting back here, In America worrying about their Soldier's safety, and Praying that God will let them have the chance to see their Soldier again. The Spouse is the one that misses the Soldier so entirely much, and only wishes that America would understand, her/or his husband is still In Iraq, still working hard, and doesn't want YOU, the American Public to forget about their loved one, The Soldier!

Onto my day. which was started out getting the kids up and ready for school, getting them breakfast, making lunches and taking them out to the bus stops. Then it was time for me to go work out with a friend. And of course, on the television while working out on Fort, was a family reunion from a Deployment, back home. It was hard to watch, knowing that moment wont be until next year. Yes, we get to see Josh for 2 weeks, which I'm truly looking forward to, but nothing compares to knowing that your Soldier, your husband, the father of your children is Safe at home, and will not have to return to a dangerous place, 2 weeks later. It was still a great work out though.

When we left, Josh was on Facebook, so I bugged him for a couple minutes, then left to head home. On the way toward the gate out, my friend called me. She was at the ITR getting free tickets for the Soldier Show next Friday. She could only get 6 at one time, and asked me if I could get more. It was no problem, so I turned around and got them. Thankfully, I can go with out the kids next week, and enjoy it, because they will be at a Military Church thing that night.

Then I was off towards home, I had to be back at the house so Johnathan could get off the bus. I won't be able to work out again until Monday, because Johnathan doesn't have school on Fridays, and then the kids will be home this weekend.

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry. Fun, not so much! Then the older two kids came home, and we had curry for dinner tonight. Finally it was bath time, and bed time routine time, 15 minutes of story time, Prayer time, and tearing the chain for when Josh is on his "vacation home." And my homework for the night is complete!

I just want to end this blog, letting my husband know how much I love and miss him, and that I, and other Soldiers Spouses, will do our best to not let the American people know about our Soldiers still Deployed to Iraq, until they ALL come HOME!!!

I love and miss you Josh, stay safe, I think about you all the time and can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right...the oublic is also made to "think" that the Soldiers left in Iraq are not in any danger! I hate that because as Soldiers & spouses we KNOW better. It's terrible how now the Iraq part of the war is being downplayed.

    You will LOVE the soldier Show. I went a few months ago when it was in my area!

    I'm glad you are (thisclose) to R&R with your husband!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee~ I hope the American Public doesn't forget about our Soldiers still deployed to Iraq, they still need our continued support and Prayers. Is your husband in Iraq or Afghanistan?

    I'm looking forward to the Soldiers show next week, I have always been curious about it, and even more I'm looking forward to seeing my husband, :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.