DAY 163~
Today was a busy day, to say the least. After I dropped the older two off at school, Johnathan and I went to put yard sale signs up. We had a yard sale from 8:30 a.m-10:30 a.m. Those are really the hours in the morning that everyone comes. We made $2.50, and sold 5 items, wahoo!
After we cleaned up everything from the yard sale, we came in I got ready, fixed my hair, made some lunch and we were ready to go.
Today Johnathan and I went to volunteer at the Church from 11:30-2:30. We were helping put together 600 booklets with 3 other ladies, (including our neighbor across the street). They had started about an hour before we arrived, but we were able to finish at 2:30. Johnathan was playing with his cars, and other toys as we were working.
Then we came home and waited for the other two to get home on the bus. About an hour after they were home, the power had gone out. Thankfully only for a few minutes, when the other neighbor across the street called the company, they had told her it could be 1-3 hours. I knew we had already had pizza for dinner, and we were leaving anyways, so It wasn't a big deal to me.
I then dropped the three kids off at Church, they were have a Military Date Night, where they watched the kids, all for 5 dollars per family. It was 6:30-10. They kids had fun, they played the WII, watched movies and made crafts. Michael even vacuumed.
I was off to girls night out. Well, first I stopped at the gas station to get a tea, and mainly to get cash money. I needed cash money in order to pay for parking tonight. I then went to the Pikes Peak Center for the Soldiers show. That was an Amazing show tonight. Performed by our Soldiers of course. When I arrived I couldn't find the ladies I was meeting up with. There was a lot of people. And I was a little late from dropping the kids off. I finally just sat in the closest seat and continued to look. Finally I found them. It was embarrassing trying to walk in front of people to get to my seat. After the show all of the cast and crew stood in a line for a "meet and greet", the ladies I was with had a book to get autographs, but since I was late, I didn't have one. I just shook everyones hand and told them great show, etc., etc.
I can't wait until next year, I really enjoyed it and had a great time with some great ladies. It was our girls night out. When the show was over, we were going to take some pictures around the area, but couldn't find any parking. I felt like a loner, because the other vehicle had 3 people in it, I was by myself since I had to get the kids. We ended up parting ways, and I headed to get the kids. But, I had decided, since it was still half hour until I had to get them, I wanted a shake from Sonic, just right down the road. That was a HUGE mistake. I waited a few minutes to order, then ordered, moved up, got stuck, couldn't leave, and ended up waiting a half hour from start to finish to get my shake. Like I said, I got stuck and couldn't move, I was mad. And ended up being a couple minutes late to get the kids.
Then we were off to home, 2 hours of course past the kids typical bed time, because Mommy's night out and the kids night out ended at 10. Then we still had to do our Prayer time, and tear the chain for when Josh come's home. And to top it off, I completely forgot about my homework tonight, so I didn't get to even start that until around 11.
It has been a LONG, BUSY, FUN day today. I'm so exhausted now, it is time to head to bed. I love and miss my husband soooo.. much, and I'm sooooo... excited to see him, "next month!"
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! :) Yay for seeing your hubby soon!
ReplyDeleteJen~ It was great having a "girls night out", I don't remember the last time I had one of those! And yes, we are very excited to see my hubby, "next month."
ReplyDelete~Alicia