DAY 149~
We left the house at 9:40 a.m today, I had a Dr.'s appt. to check out my ankle which has been bugging me since our vacation in the middle of June. I waited a month after injuring it, in hopes that the pain would go away. It never did, so then it took 3 weeks to get in to the Dr., and that was today.
Physical therapy is in my future. ACK!! I have to go back Monday, or Tuesday when I don't have the kids with me, in order to get X-Rays. Then the Dr. will figure out my care plan from that point on, knowing what the injury really is. But, she did say she was putting the referral in for my physical therapy, and they will contact me. The pain in my ankle wasn't the greatest, but after she was pressing on it, she made it worse. It is hurting really bad now, even after I took the pain medication she prescribed me. UGH!
After my Dr.'s appt., we ran through the drive threw at McDonald's, I had a coupon for a free Frappe, and I wanted to drink that on our way to the Chinese Buffet we were going to, about 15 minutes away. Last Saturday, at our National night (day) out, we won a certificate for 10 dollars.
The kids enjoyed picking out their foods, well, I picked out Johnathan's. But, Elizabeth and Michael picked out their own food. Then for a little while, they were all actually good, sitting at the table and eating the food they picked out. It was also nice, because I happened to check my phone and look on FaceBook, and Josh was on. I was able to "chat" with him for a bit, while eating, in a way, it felt like he was at lunch with us. To bad the connection was horrible, and that didn't last long. But, it was a wonderful feeling while it did last.
After the kids finished their food, then it was desert time. Since it was buffet, they got to choose their own dessert. Johnathan loved the "birthday cake", haha, it was only a cake but that is what he was calling it. Our total was only $10.40, because of the 10 certificate. And Johnathan was free. So, yet again, another great deal for us today.
After lunch, we stopped by a music store in order to check out Michael a guitar. They didn't have the correct one, and sent us down to the larger store in the city. We did buy Michael's Music book, and a stand so he can set the book on to practice on.
Then we were off to Walmart, in order to get school supplies. I was so afraid they would mostly be out, since we were waiting until last minute. They weren't we were able to get all, except for 2 things. We did good. We only spent $60, thanks to my mom and dad sending money for school supplies. And we had money left for Michael's guitar. I also bought a weed eater, and some other stuff, and put it on our checking account.
Finally, we were off to our last store to buy Michael's Guitar. With the left over school shopping money that grandma and grandpa had sent. I also ended up buying him a case for the guitar, and a stand to put it on when he is not using it.
Then we were off to our final destination. HOME!!!! It was 5:18 when we pulled up into the driveway. Thankfully we had bought frozen pizza at Walmart, and it was movie, pajama and pizza night. We ordered a cheap movie off OnDemand tonight. It was Hannah Montana Movie, yes, I actually watched it, and yes, I'm shocked I'm going to say this, but I actually enjoyed the movie also. And yes, I would watch it again.
After the movie it was our bedtime routine for them, Prayer and then tearing off the piece of chain until Josh is home on "vacation." Then it was school work time for me. After I finished my school work, I was able to get a phone call from Josh. It had been 17 days since I had been able to hear his voice. Either the phones being down, or him being busy. Even though we have had FaceBook chat, here and there in between, I still missed hearing his voice. We were able to talk for 17 minutes.
I just finished making a picture video off from True Media, from before Josh's deployment, and then the day of. I'm waiting for it to finish download onto my facebook page, then I'm off to bed. Good Night!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment