My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, August 6, 2010

Yard Sale, and then going to the park, and ending the night falling asleep on the basement floor!

DAY 142~

Today the kids and I woke up early, in order to have a yard sale in the morning before we had to do anything else. The only way I could do it was, first drive around with the kids and put up the signs furthest away from the house. And then we went to the house and put our stuff out, and put the signs closest to the house. This was the only way because I had nobody to put the signs up, or stay with the stuff at the yard sale. I did have one lady stop and ask me where it was but, Oh, well I'm sorry that was all I could do.

I then had the yard sale from 8 a.m-noon. I had learned with the previous yard sales those are the best times, and that any other time is wasting the day. We sold 6 items, and made 8 dollars. Mainly Johnathan's clothing, which is a big shock. Usually that stuff doesn't sale as well.

We ended at noon, because we were meeting up with some ladies at the America The Beautiful Park. They have like a big round sculpture that rotates with water, and has a fountain below so the kids can play. So, the kids and I were sure to wear our swimsuits so they could get wet. Everyone had brought a pot luck type item so we could eat lunch. We brought juice, and cookies. We left around 3:45, because the "life guards" had closed it down early do to a storm coming in. I don't know if I will go back because there was just to much drama at the park. We had a life guard blowing a whistle every 2 seconds because someone was on a "step", in which there were no signs, and then ladies verbally fighting because an older boy kicked a little girl in the back, and the little girls parents told the boys parents that he should apologize or whatever, and then the boys parents were calling the girls mom a fat *B*, and such, with some not so other nice words. I asked her to stop because there was kids around, yes I said please. I just thought it was ridiculous, really now grow up! So I think it is back to the splash pad next time.

The kids and I came home, and arrived around 4:30 p.m, once we arrived they all had baths. Then it was pajama, movie and pizza night in the basement. Michael picked Star Wars to watch, not really a movie I like, but he is his Father's son. Tonight I will be "Falling asleep on the basement floor" because that is where the kids want to sleep tonight.

Still hoping the phones go back up for my hubby, because I do miss hearing his voice, it has been over a week and a half. But,I'm thankful for Facebook because I'm able to see when he comes on, knowing that he is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.