DAY 147~
It was 6 days ago, that my mom had called me and told me she was reading consumer reports, and she thought my washer was listed as a recall. Come to find out it was, so I called them as soon as I hung up the phone. My appointment to get it fixed was between 8 a.m to 5 p.m today. I hadn't been able to do laundry in a week, because the company told me to stop, I could be electrocuted or could cause a fire. So, I stopped. I was so ready for the repair man when he arrived at my house around 11:30 today.
His verdict, I was VERY LUCKY, my washer was one of the 20% of 100,000+ washer's, that actually, HAD THE BROKEN WIRES, not all of the washers had it, but the washers that did cause the fires and electrocution, I had not one, but TWO wires that were broken. So, SOME ONE WAS WATCHING OVER ME, and I appreciate that. I'm just glad that nothing happened to me, or the house.
So, now, My washer is up and running again. And that was what I spent the rest of the day doing, laundry. You don't even want to know how much laundry I had after 6 days, 3 kids, and 1 adult. It's a nightmare. I will get it done though.
Then tonight I made breakfast for dinner, eggs, turkey bacon and Ore-Ida potatoes. Then we were off to our FRG meeting (Family Readiness group, relating to Josh being deployed). First one since I don't know when. And really, it was a waste of my time. Which stinks, because I don't remember the last time they had one, and I do want to be more involved with the FRG. They really didn't relate any information to us, and the kids behavior was horrible. I tried bribing them, if you are good, then we will go to the pool tomorrow. Well, that didn't seem to work. I was so embarrassed. But, in the back of my mind, I was thinking, most of these people are in the same situation because their husbands are also deployed.
When we broke up into our smaller groups, relating to the platoon (or something) our FRG leader, was basically I don't have any information for you. We might do this, or we might do that, but were really not sure right now. SERIOUSLY!! LADY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!! I do keep on volunteering to help wherever needed, but really I think she has not a clue what is going on. BETTER, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, pretty please, she needs them, and be able to actually plan events.
When we arrived home it was time for the kids to be in bed, and really after the bad behavior, I was ready for it. They first talked to grandmas for a few minutes, because I had to call and complain to somebody about the horrible FRG meeting, ( Grandpa in Johnathan's case, he likes to give Grandma a hard time and call her Grandpa, he is 3, so he will laugh really hard when he says it, so funny) Prayer time, and then breaking the chain for when Josh will be home on leave, every day we are getting closer and closer, and we can't wait! Every day, I still have to tell Elizabeth when she asks, "When do we get to see daddy and pick him up from the Airport?" Next month Elizabeth, next month, we are getting closer honey!!!
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
A few months ago, my Mother bought a new washer and when they got it home and put it together the entire thing fell apart!! It was missing some bolts or something. They took it back and got another one. It was pretty funny. She didn't think so though. She was furious!
ReplyDeleteLacey~ That is to bad your moms new washer came apart, but good they replaced it. Ours was a couple years old, I'm very lucky nothing happened to me or the house. But, I'm glad it's all taken care of and I can do my laundry now. Even though that is not my favorite thing to do, :)
ReplyDelete~Alicia
BTW, everyone, My washer is a GE front loader. If you think that you have a GE front loader, and would like the numbers on it, let me know. It could be a very dangerous thing. So, I can let you know of the numbers of the GE front loading washer.
ReplyDelete~Alicia