My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, August 20, 2010

So, not full of emotions....

DAY 156~

Your probably like, what does this mean? Well, let me tell you, some people may be so full of emotions, from happy to sad, and everything in between. They may experience, excitement to anger, and many more. But for me, after Josh being deployed now on his 4th deployment, I have learned to block a lot of these emotions.

I may not smile as much anymore, I have a lot on my mind. I may not show I'm happy about things as much anymore, in reality I am. For me to be able to make it through being away from my husband while he is deployed, away from family and friends, and raising 3 kids on my own, I have had to block some of these emotions. If I sat here and thought about things, how it really does stink I have had to be separated from my husband so much, how hard it is to be away from him raising 3 kids, and how hard it is to be away from friends and family several states away, I would be one big cry baby. I have to be strong. I have to be strong for our kids, they need me. So, I try not thinking about these things. I block these emotions so they don't creep up on me. Do they sometimes sneak up on me? Yes! But I do my best to block them. I have to have things under control. Am I depressed? No.

I also have a lot on my mind. I'm trying to figure out how I will keep the kids busy, I'm worried about my husbands safety. Not every wife can say, they look outside sometimes making sure they aren't getting any unwanted visitors. Especially when it is days, in between hearing from my husband. My husband knows he is okay, but when it is days that I hear anything from home, the stress does pick up more.

I also have it heavy on my heart, that the man I love, has to be in such a not so great place, now for the 4th time. I feel bad for him, for having to put his life on hold, and everything he has to go through. I do my best not to think of this, but it creeps up on me to.

Then there are those awful, horrible thoughts, that when I get them. I just wipe them away, and leave myself un answered questions. Thoughts I just cannot bare to have, the second they come, then next second I tell myself no. I won't go into this subject much, and let you figure this subject out, because I just cannot bare to even think of this subject.

So, these are the reasons, that my emotions are blocked. It is hard for me to know of much anymore, what things do I like to do? Most of the time, it's making sure the kids are happy. But working out this week, did help me figure out one of the things that I like to do.

I wasn't able to work out today, because Johnathan has no preschool on Friday. So, after we took the older two to the bus stop. I went around putting yard sale signs up. And we had a yard sale from 8:30-12:15 today. We had a lot of traffic, stopping, and driving by. But, only 2 of the people bought anything. I finally sold one of my last two bigger items, the toddler slide. And then some smaller items, some of Elizabeth's clothes, old pair of shoes, and two back packs. For making a total of 15 dollars. Well worth getting rid of another big item.

After we closed up, I took down all the yard sale signs, then ate lunch. When I was done with lunch, I watched some t.v until we went to the bus stop to get the older two.

Tonight's, Since it is Friday night, was popcorn, pizza, pajama, and a movie tonight. They watched Spy Kids. I attempted to make the popcorn like my hubby makes, it actually turned out okay.

The kids are all in bed after Reading to them, Praying and tearing of the chain when Josh is on his "vacation home." And my homework is complete, so now it is time for me to head to bed.

Thinking, loving and missing my husband, excited to see him sometime in the month of September!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out how to block those emotions myself right now. My boyfriend is going to be a pretty bad place in Afghanistan. I'm having a hard time dealing with that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey~It truly is not easy. It is not necessary something I like either, it is about the only thing that can help me get through the day. The way I have done it is, if I start feeling some emotion that will make me want to cry, for example my husbands safety, I just have to block it out, and tell myself, I cannot go there. Blocking these emotions though, feels like it takes a piece of me away, and I have had a hard time re-gaining that piece over the last few deployments. Good Luck with everything!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,

    I don't think I've commented here before, but I've been following your journey for many months now. My hubby has been deployed 4 times and was facing a 5th when they switched him to a non-deployable MOS...he is NG. Now I feel like I say good-bye to him every 2-3 months and he is gone for 2-3 months at a time teaching and/or getting training in a new class that he can then teach.

    I'm trying to shut off my emotions like you have. I try not to cry anymore when he calls and says he has to stay an extra week or 2 for this or that. How do you deal with the loss of yourself? How do you get it back when he comes home? Sometimes, I feel like I'm losing my entire mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim'sGirl~
    Wow, it sounds like that was a no win situation. Either deploy to a not safe zone, for more times then he should have had to go. (Please thank him for his service), or still be gone from you a lot. I hope soon, that he doesn't have to be gone as much for you.

    It is hard giving up "my favorite things", and putting my family first. But, sometimes I'm so busy worrying about the kids, and my husband that I don't think about it. Sometimes it is hard for me to adjust even when he comes back, knowing what I do like. I'm slowly trying to re-figure out the things I like to do, a new thing I like to do is working out. I know I do like to do scrapbooking, I just don't have time, and I know I want to also write my book. It is just a process of taking everything one day at a time, and doing things that you like to do. It might take time to figure those things out. Good Luck!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.