My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Pool, McDonalds, and enjoying time with friends...

DAY 148~

It doesn't happen often that we are invited to go do something with others. I had thought about going to the pool today, yesterday. But, I was changing my mind with the kids bad behavior at the FRG meeting.

Well, I had a friend call me this morning, literally, right when I was waking up. I was sleeping in today, and not really feeling like getting out of bed. So, I was thankful that she called, and probably half asleep too.

She was talking to me about meeting up at the pool about an hour from the time we were on the phone. I agreed, because most of the time it's just the kids and I, so it's nice being around other people to talk to. We also met up with another new friend, who we met through the friend that called me, we met the other new friend last week at America The Beautiful Park.

We ended up being a half hour late! ACK!!! I was so slow moving this morning, and I had to take a shower, since last night I was to sleepy to take a shower. Then get the kids in their swimsuits. Thankfully, yesterday during the day, and before I was deciding against taking the kids to the pool. I packed up a bag with towels after I had washed them. Since, I hadn't been able to use my washer for a week. So, I had the bag ready to go.

Thankfully, the friend that we met last week was already there, and the one that called me arrived just a couple minutes after us. We all had a great time at the pool. We ended up staying about 3 hours, until a storm started to come, and they kicked everyone out of the pool, and off the deck. We then left.

Then it was time for everybody to head off Fort to McDonald's. The pool we go to is on Fort, and free for Military and their families. We were all then at McDonald's for another 2 hours, why the kids played inside.

We really enjoyed our time spending with everybody, it was a lot of fun. I like I having other Military Wives to be able to talk to, especially since both of their husbands are deployed.

When we got home, Michael ended up falling asleep for an hour. He woke up just to eat dinner, take a bath and do our bedtime routine. Tonight was bath time for all. I'm so happy that for our nighttime routine that the chain for when Josh is coming home "on vacation", is getting shorter and shorter every day. I'm so happy that these days are going by fast, except for, I hope that they don't go by as fast when he is home on "his vacation home." I hope that time slows down.

Now I think it's time for me to head to bed, my homework is all done and I'm getting very sleepy. Here's to a wonderful day with great friends, and getting through another day to be able to see my handsome husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.