DAY 145~
It has been 2 weeks since I have been able to hear my husbands voice. It absolutely stinks!!!! This is our 4th deployment, and the worst relating to communication. On all of the other 3, I would be able to talk to him every 2-3 days. Now it's 5 days to 2 weeks. He must be busy, or the phones are down, I don't really know, but it really stinks! I hate the feeling of a lonely wife, who is not getting to communicate with her husband often. I don't ask for every day, that has never happened. Just wish the phones wouldn't go down, or they wouldn't make him so busy, that he hardly gets to call us. The kids would love to hear daddy's voice also!!!!
Well, I tried re-directing my frustration, because after a few days of not hearing his voice, I get a little bummed. Not knowing what is going on. So, today I worked some more on my car. Well, that was after sleeping in (even the kids did also, I woke up early, and I was like, no, I will wake up with the kids wake up), eating lunch, and then watching last nights Army Wives episode, off my DVR. Then it was time to work on cleaning my car.
Since I vacuumed yesterday, before getting stung by the bee, today I cleaned the leather on the inside. I used special stuff to wipe down anything that was leather. Then I quickly washed the outside of the car, because I could see lightning strikes in the distance, and didn't want to be outside when they came to my house. I also cleanse the tires/wheels and used Windex on the inside and outside of the SUV.
When all of this was finished, I came inside took a break for a little bit, and then started making dinner. Tonight we had enchiladas. My own recipe, it was use what you have kind of night. They turned out pretty good, if I say so myself. But, I wasn't the only one that said they were good, Michael also said so too.
A little bit after dinner it was time for the kids to be off to bed, so we did the bed time routine and they went to bed. I just finished my homework, and now I'm going to bed too. That way I don't have to think about the last time I had to chance to hear my husbands voice. I don't like being down in the basement, it makes me nervous hearing cars come up our court, or hearing car doors shut, I'm thankful that they are only the neighbors cars that I'm hearing.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Mrs. Brie McGee~
ReplyDeleteIt does make things harder when your not able to hear their voice. Even if you do get to talk to them on FaceBook chat, or something similar. That is like feeling in the times between the phone calls. I hope that you have had the chance to talk to your hubby.
~Alicia