My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

We can now say we will be "home" for two weeks at the end of next month...

DAY 15-

The day started out great, even though I was pretty much asleep, when my husband called at 2:00 a.m. He didn't realize what time it was, he asked me if I wanted him to call back later. I didn't not only did I have a couple questions to ask him about the bills, I just re-took over the bills after about 2 and a half years, and this was the first set, the first of the month while he is gone. He was able to do the middle of the month before he left. I tried so hard in my half sleep state to remember what I was only hoping he would call for. And I did. But to him, I probably sounded drunk or something. I had just fallen asleep, at 1:00 a.m, after a long day of getting things done around here, and so I probably just got in my deep sleep. I was just so happy to hear his voice. I miss hearing it, and seeing him every day. Today was the one time that he didn't have much going on, and was actually able to talk for more then a few minutes. But, because of the stupid time limit they have, we were cut off at 18 minutes, and 9 seconds, when they told him his time was up. Even though, I was half asleep, I was really trying to listen, and was enjoying my conversation with him. Especially when I never know when the next one will be. After hanging up with him, I did cry myself to sleep, I was so sad that he was able to talk, but they cut him off, so the next person could talk. Yes, I know other people want to talk to their family members, but I hardly get that kind of chance where, he is not busy, and having to get off the phone to do who knows what.

When I woke up 4 and a half hours later, after getting about 5 and a half hours of sleep, my day didn't start off well. Apparently, my youngest son had been sick, just over night, because he was completely fine when he woke up. And poor guy was sleeping in throw up. So nasty! Poor thing did not come and get mommy. I felt so stinkin' bad for him. It seems like a 2 hour bug is going around the house. They are getting sick, just for a little bit, and they are better after that. I did send him to school, because like I said he was fine, I can tell when my kids are still sick, and when they are doing better. And I could tell that was there for awhile, and no new stuff on top. He rode the bus, and then I took the other two to school.

Elizabeth did not want to eat her breakfast, she was bugging me a lot. So I told her to bring her breakfast with us. We were already needing to leave because she was taking her time from changing her clothes for the 2nd time in the morning because she got milk on her. So she brought her cereal. And guess what she did, got milk on herself. It was so annoying, It wasn't that much, and I told her, you will be fine. It will dry. I didn't want to run back to the house when we were at the school, and it wasn't much milk. My plans after I dropped them off were to make the half hour trip out to pay Rent. Well, when I was looking up the directions in the GPS for where I was going, I looked up and couldn't find Elizabeth playing outside. Suddenly I get a phone call. Little lady went right to the office, and told them her pants had milk on them and she needed new ones. So, I was still at the school, I was like I'm still here, I have to run home get the pants and come back. I had to do what I didn't want to do in the first place because I didn't want them to think I was a bad parent. So I took the pants back.

After that I made the half hour trip out, and half hour back to pay the rent. Then I ran to Walmart to get a few things, and cash for the kids lunches. I then had to go back to the school, which this was already in my plans for today, and give them the kids lunch money. I was then able to come home and work on my online classes.

Not long after doing my classes, Johnathan came home off the bus. His only 2nd time riding the but home, and the first time I have seen him arrive home on the bus. I took a picture, since It was my first time seeing him come home. I then cleaned up some of the house waiting for the other two to get home.

I drove the car to the kids bus stop today. It was a beautiful, but extremely windy day, and I was not wanting to stand out in the wind waiting for them. After they got home I had to make dinner. Then we left for Michael's 2nd soccer practice. Johnathan, Elizabeth and I waited in the car while they practiced because I did not want to be out in the wind. After Michael's soccer practice we had to come home and get Michael's regular shoes. No matter how many times I tell him he can not wear his soccer cleats all the time, he has to change into them, he of course wore them. I was not very happy that I had to run home, when he should have had his shoes. So, then it was off to wrestling practice. We got there, I gave the coach the money, the kids went over to start their practice, and guess what my oldest threw up everywhere. ACK!! He did not even try to rush to the bathroom. So, within the first few minutes we had to leave. I felt bad for not helping the coach clean it up, but I had to get him out of there before he left a trail of mess out the door. When we got home, the kids all had baths, and I put them to bed. Mommy was ready for all to be in bed, because it has just been one of those days. And the bad thing is, I know this 2 hour sickness is coming to me next since all 3 have had it. Something to dread, even though they don't need it, I really don't need it because I am the only one that can take care of my kids. When they get sick, they have me. So, I'm just going to Pray that I don't get this because I have to take care of my children, and we have busy plans this weekend.

I know I hadn't really felt like eating much today, I had an egg roll for lunch, and then a round sandwich thing for dinner, with a couple bites of top ramen, oh and coffee this morning. And that was really all I ate all day. I know it is not because I'm sick though. I feel fine, I just have no appetite, when I talked to Josh he said that they were heading out of the safe zone soon, He cannot tell me and I couldn't put it on here. But, that just adds another stress, and worry with him being gone. One that is hard to explain. One that you can just only Pray that your husband remains safe, and he returns home quickly and safely to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you keep your thoughts postive while he is out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine- Sometimes it can be very hard, especially when your not able to talk for a few days. But they always say "No News is good news" So, when I'm unable to talk for a few days to him, this does go through my mind quite often.

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.