My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, April 24, 2010

We COMPLETED the 5 mile, March of Dimes Walk.....

DAY 38-

The kids and I woke up early this morning, at 6:15 a.m to get get ready, eat and head out to walk the March of Dimes. We were actually a few minutes late to the 7:30 a.m meet up with others, but the walk didn't start until 9. So, we were still good.

We stood waiting around until 9. Thankfully a nice lady in our group had brought donuts for us, so even though the kids had two bowls of cereal, before we left the house, they also ate a donut. I had one also. We could have had a bagel, orange and coffee, but I chose the doughnut.

Then 9 a.m came around, and wait, everyone else was starting, but we weren't. Why you ask? Because we had to wait for a team member to come, she was lost. After waiting a few minutes for this person, some of us went ahead and started, while everybody else was quite a ways ahead. After walking a ways, and getting to the point of, are we going to walk to short 2 miles, or the entire 5 miles. We stopped and waited a few minutes for the others. If we wanted to go the short route we could have went over the bridge, but we decided to take the entire 5 miles. Which was 2.5 miles down, and the same back. I was a little nervous about this, I was thinking I wanted to take the short route, but wanted to stay with the group. Not only was I worried about the long way being to long for the kids, and how they would handle it, I was worried about my self. I know how out of shape I am. Well, the kids did AMAZING, and I guess I am not in as bad of shape as I thought I was. We completed the entire 5 mile walk in about 2 hours. That is with 3 kids, pushing the youngest in the stroller, and our 5, and 8 year old walking. Elizabeth would also slow down sometimes, so we would have to wait for her. But besides that, they did great. And so far the kids and I don't have feet, legs, etc. that hurt. So, we are doing great. I was so proud of us, and our team. We raised $115 dollars thanks to my mom and dad, my sister Debbie, my Aunt Karen, Joan, and Alane Pearce. I really appreciate everyone for Sponsoring us. As a team we raise $1,060.

After we Completed the Walk, Chick-fil-a was handing out free chicken sandwiches, with chips, and a pop, or you could have a piece of pizza. So, everybody sat down to eat lunch.

Once we finished I wanted to take Michael to his soccer game, by this time it was 11:30 a.m. I didn't expect him to play the game, but at least be there to support his team. He had already missed a game when I was sick about 3 weeks ago. Well, first thing when we got there, and after he went to the bathroom, he went in and actually played. I was so Proud of him. I really thought he would be to tired to play. We were a few minutes late to the game because we had to stop by the house and get his soccer socks, but he still played about 45 minutes, after just walking 5 miles. Again, I was so Proud of him. It was windy to, during the walk and the game. But, it didn't rain, so I could handle it.

When we arrived home, we didn't do much here, but relax. I did clean the kitchen, watch t.v, and make dinner. Anymore when I watch t.v, I think it is a little boring. I always feel so lazy when I'm done watching it.

Well, I think this is it for now. I just want to end it saying how PROUD I am, of all 4 of us, and our group for completing the 5 miles, for March of Dimes, GO US!!!

2 comments:

  1. Alicia, I am sooooo proud of team Meeks too. Great job. Kids are soooo full of energy they probably didn't even notice they had just walked 5 miles. :) Love you, Aunt Vades

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.