DAY 31-
First thing this morning we had to get up and be ready for a 10:00 a.m Soccer game. It was cold today, but not nearly as cold and windy as it was Michael's first game. Today we could handle it. Michael got to be goalie, something he really, really wanted to do. It was something that after every practice he would tell me, "Mom, I want to be goalie, but coach said, not until next year." Apparently he got his next game, and next year mixed up. I was surprised after Thursdays practice and he got so excited and told me, "Mom, I get to be goalie on Saturday." So, the first half of the game he was goalie, and did a great job. He caught most of the balls, but a couple did sneak past him. The main thing though, he is a kid, and he really enjoyed himself. After the game, he got his snack. My dear daughter snuck over and took some of the snack from them, and I didn't realize this until we got to the car. She is about the same size as most of the players that are 1st and 2nd grade, and she is only in kindergarten, thanks to her daddy being tall. So, the parents not knowing any better, gave her a snack also.
After the game we came home to warm up, have Michael change, and of course, mommy had to check her facebook. I ate some cereal also. I was taking the kids to Mr. Biggs, it was free for them, and they supplied lunch for them also, but not the adults, and I didn't want to pay. This was free thanks to our Pediatric Dentist that we just started seeing a couple weeks ago. So, it was free for their patients, my 3 kids. They had lots of fun, first they ate, or attempted to eat 2 free pieces of pizza, and a salad. Yes, mommy did steal a bite here and there, what could I do when my kids would say here mommy. I didn't want to hurt their feelings.
After they ate they had a game card with 10 credits on it, which seemed to be 3 games. Johnathan of course being his fathers son, went right to the race car one, don't forget he is only 3. And he used all of his credits on this one. He couldn't of course reach the pedal, so at first I was sitting on the ground pushing it with my hand as he did the steering wheel, but then soon realizing this was going to be his game, I decided to make him move over and I sat beside him using my foot as he was steering. Of course being only 3, he crashed a lot, but probably did a better job then mommy. This was his first time playing a game like this. The other two picked their 3 games, and then we moved on to the bounce houses. I let them play in those for a few minutes to burn some energy, then it was on to Little Biggs town. This area was so stinkin' cute. They had little rooms divided, in then in each on they had areas so the kids could use their imaginations and play. The rooms were, a kitchen area, an area with a pretend 50's car (of course not real) where the kids pretended to work on it and change the tires, this was of course the boys favorite, and I got pictures of them working on the car. Then there was a toy room, veterinarian, game room, beauty shop, dress up room, doctors room, music room, climbing area, a pretend ship that the kids used air cannons to shoot soft balls from the ship and the pretend castles on the sides. That was mommy's least favorite area, it was kind of scary to me getting hit by the balls from all the little kids.The area they spent a lot of time, and until we left was a sand area that was in a cave type thing. The kid really enjoyed themselves, and had lots of fun. We were there from 12 p.m-3 p.m, and that was enough time for me. The areas we did not go to were, a bowling alley, lazer tag, indoor go carts, bumper hockey, and the carousel that was broken. I had a hard time getting Elizabeth to leave, and had to carry her part way, but then finally were able to get out of there.
After getting to the car, and leaving I soon realized I didn't have my phone on me. I had to find a place to pull over. Thankfully, some how it fell out into the back seat when I buckled Johnathan in, or I sat it down. We were then on the road again. It was raining the entire trip home.
When arriving home we needed to practice our "training walk". We were only able to walk 1 mile today, and not 2 miles. It was raining so hard, our clothes were completely soaked when we got home, and we automatically change into our pajamas. I decided to try and walk in the rain, knowing that no matter the weather for March of Dimes, there is going to be a walk. But, it just didn't go so well, so we came home.
We had peanut butter and jelly for dinner, with chips and juice. I know, not the best dinner, but I was so tired by the end of the day, I didn't feel like making dinner. This is when it is great that I have an 8 year old that occasionally likes to help out, so he made our dinner.
After dinner, I finally re-watched Army Wives, and the True Life show, having twins. Then it was time for the kids to go to bed. Tonight they actually were in bed at 7:30, after we Prayed for Josh's safety. It was still daylight, and my daughter kept on telling me, "it is not bed time yet." I let her know it was.
We have made it through another day with out my husband. Keeping busy, helps our days go by a lot faster.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment