My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, April 30, 2010

Our 3 Army BRATS!!!


DAY 44-

On this last day of April, and on my Husbands 4th deployment, I would like to talk about our "Army Brats". The month of April was Military Children Appreciation Month. Having a Military child, they don't choose this lifestyle. They are born into it. All three of them were. It has been 2 years since they have all been back to the state they were born, and see some family and friends. Thankfully my parents came to visit us in Maryland, and then here. But, it has been 2 years since they have been able to see Josh's parents. The beginning of June, they will finally be able to see them again, when they take their first plane flight. Since we left Washington 2 years ago, we moved to Maryland and then here. That has to be hard on them moving 3 states, in 2 years. They didn't choose that. They didn't even choose to go to different schools each time, and have to re-make friends at each. But, they are tough, and they do it. And they keep their heads held high. Elizabeth is on her 4th school, because of her ECI programs, and Michael is on his 3rd school. And those will not be the last. Who knows how long they will be able to be at these schools. Josh and I have never had to experience such things as long distance moves. We both had the privilege of staying in one house for a long time. They haven't.

Two years ago when we moved from Washington State to Maryland, we left he house that we owned for four years. It was sad to leave it. We brought Elizabeth and Johnathan home to the house. Michael was almost 2 when we moved in. But, since we are an Army family, and have no clue if/ and when we will move back, and our family grew since we bought the house, we had to sell it.

I am PROUD of all three of our children. I think that because everything that they have gone through, in their little lifetimes, such as moving, and having daddy deployed so many times, that they are STRONG, FRIENDLY, LOVING, children, and I am Very Proud to say I am their Mom!

Today was a crazy day for me. Something as simple as wanting to pay bills online turned crazy. My husband let me know how to do the bills before he left. To bad I messed up on the part, where his dad was born. This was a trick question, not right. Well, it froze the online banking. ACK! That was horrible, I called, they told me they didn't have a power of attorney for me, and that I would have to go fax one to get any information. So, I went and got gas on post, and went to the PX to fax it. First they gave me the wrong number. So, thankfully to my I-Phone, I was able to look the number up and call them back. Fax was complete, they told me to call back in 2 hours to make sure it went through. Then I went and got a kids meal for Johnathan and I to eat lunch. After that it was time to go to pay rent.

When I got home, I called the place. They told me call back in a half an hour. I called back in a half hour, they told me call back in an hour. Then they told me I could get my own online one, and access the bills. I started this, then figured out I have my own account number to, as a spouse and it was under my husbands and wasn't suppose to be. The guy called tech. support, then I got cut off. So, I called back talked to another lady, got my online account set up after several tries because the system wasn't working tonight. Soon, to figure out, I couldn't access online banking from mine. Then I asked if they received the POA yet. She put me on hold for a few minutes, only to come back on and tell me that part was closed until Monday, and I would have to call back. It was a pain, I was mad since I was dealing with it all day. All I wanted to do is pay bills. That's it!

I babysat for the little boy that shares a birthday with Elizabeth today. He will be 2. Maybe that is why those two are so close, because they share a birthday. Well, just a few minutes before she picked him up, Josh called. It has been 5 days since I heard his voice. Then she came, and she was on her cellphone. I told her I was sorry, that I was talking to Josh. She said she was talking to Josh too, just not my Josh. Her deployed husband that is friends with my husband, name is also Josh. Neither of them knew they were calling their wives at the same time, literally. And my husband didn't know I was watching the little one. So, it was funny. We each talked to our husbands. I got to talk for 16 minutes. It was great hearing his voice, but wish I would have got to talk longer, and really enjoy it without someone else in the house, and feeling bad I was on the phone. Hopefully I don't have to wait another 5 days. I cannot wait to hear his voice again, hopefully soon. Until then, goodnight~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.