My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, April 5, 2010

This hasn't been the easiest of days...

DAY 19-

This hasn't been the easiest of days, I still have not heard from my husband since our phone call was cut off after 4 short minutes. I'm pretty sure everything is okay with him, and they say no news is good news anyways. But, it makes me wonder, what happened? Why hasn't he called me back and let me know. Which leads to frustration, how can I be a supportive Army wife, if he is not trying to communicate with me. Unless it is for a good reason that he was not able to use the phones because they were out. I hope it is not because he would rather spend his time playing video games, or weightlifing. I fully understand my husband doesn't have to call me all the time. He doesn't anyways, and after my last call I had to wait a couple of days, and then when I did talk to him, it just went silent after 4 minutes. I'm just having a hard time figuring out, why he hasn't even attempted to call me back and let me know what happened. Before we have been cut off, and he will call back right away. And that is what I thought would happen this time, but it didn't. I have had wives tell me maybe it is because a blackout. Which means when a soldier is killed in action, they cut off all communication so that the family can be notified. I don't know that this happened, I hope not, I really don't know what is going on. And I really don't want to hear that either. My husband is gone, he is not in the States, he is deployed to a dangerous place. I really don't need this put on my mind that a Soldier could have been KIA somewhere around my husband. I'm not going down that road, of being worried every day, in the front of my mind. That will remain on the back of my mind that something like that could happen, but the kids and I will just continue to Pray every night for my husbands safety, and the other soldiers safety. Right now, I am just going to keep it on my mind that my husband is just being my husband and if he had any free time, he was playing video games or whatever. I would much rather think that then the other.

Today I tried keeping busy and doing my online classes, but of course I just continue to be frusturated. All three of my kids were in school today. And then tonight I took my son to his soccer practice.

When I was putting my kids to bed, my 5 year old daughter asked me, "Is he not my daddy anymore?" This brought tears to my eyes that she would even have to think anything like this. Of course I reminded her, that no matter how old she is, daddy will always be her daddy.

I'm just really hoping he calls soon, I just really want to know what happened, my husband like always, is going to continue to be in my thoughts, and wondering what is going on.

4 comments:

  1. My husband is in Afghanistan and there are frequent "blackouts" where they cut off communication if anyone in the area is hurt or killed. It sucks, I know. I missed my Spouse's call once and he didn't call back for over a week. I thought he was mad, but he just wasn't able to call back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that - during the last deployment, there were often periods of a week or more with NO CONTACT at all, even via email, and usually due to sandstorms. At one point the internet access was shut down for over a week due to a virus someone downloaded, as well.

    Not like I really sleep during deployment anyway (or ever, really) but any time it went more than 5 days with no contact just really messed with my head.

    This is why I am NOT looking forward to hubby leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks, I keep hearing how bad the connectivity is there.

    Keep your chin up, he will call soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he's doing just fine and will call you as soon as possible! Unfortunately there are blackouts which occur regularly due to tons of things, not just KIA. Just say some prayers and keep talking about him with your kids and letting them know how much daddy loves them (and mommy loves them and daddy loves mommy of course!). Stay strong...you'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birdie- Thankfully there are also just phone lines that are down. I am thankful for this because of no loss of life of another soldier. My husband told me that the lines were down for sometime and that is why he could not call back. I was starting to think my husband was mad at me, glad I'm not the only one that thinks like that, :)

    Gaile- The Soldiers communication can be affected by so many ways. And it always seems, or at least seems to us that it takes FOREVER to get it fixed. When my husband did get to his new place, with in the 3 days of no contact our communication ended up being better because we got to talk for 25 minutes 29 seconds which is the longest time we have had to talk in the last 3 weeks.

    A Lady in Waiting- Thank you, you were right. He was doing fine, :) Just communication was down. Thankfully not to any KIA. I felt so much better after I was able to hear his voice.

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.