DAY 24-
Today started out great because I got to hear my husbands voice, first thing this morning. He called about 9:25, and we got to talk for 18 minutes, 25 seconds. Until his phone card ran out. He wont be calling me for a couple days at least because that seems to be what he does. Then it was time to get the kids up. Michael had his 3rd game today, but 2nd one he was able to be at.
The thing I did today, that I finally got the nerve, because I said I would never ever do it is, drive my husbands truck. His truck was sitting for the last 3 weeks. So, I pulled it out today and drove it to my sons soccer game. I was nervous the entire time. It doesn't have the beeping signals like my Armada does if it gets to close to something. So, I parked far away. And yes, I did say a Prayer before I started driving it, that is how nervous I was. Poor kids probably thought mommy was crazy. Michael did well at the game. They had team pictures before, and then tied 1-1 at the game. But, we made it to and from safely, and I didn't even leave a scratch on my husbands big baby. After the game we went right home.
When we arrived home we had to hurry in and pack all of us some clothes, and get the dog and his kennel. While at the game I had our friend who's husband is deployed with Josh, text me and see if I could babysit tonight, and spend the night. That meant bringing our dog Luke and his big kennel also. So, I pulled my Armada out of the garage, turned it around and backed it in so I could put Luke's huge kennel, and him in the back. Plus our clothes and stuff. Then we were off, we were only home about an hour.
We were then headed to Imagination Celebration, my new favorite place of all time. They had our tickets for the play the kids and I are going to see on Monday, Nate the Great. We are also looking forward to that. We saw some nice ladies that we know also at Imagination Celebration, they are on a group that were on Facebook. So we talked to them before leaving.
Then we were off to babysit the little one, in which we are here now. We are spending the night here while mommy went to work. She was nice and ordered pizza for us. At least I don't have to worry about Josh calling tonight since he already called for his 2-3 days, now I have to only wait for the next call in couple of days.
What would you do if your husband was deployed 4 times and you were left to raise the children for a year at a time? And moved 3 times in 4 years.Could you do it? This is OUR story of how We have survived 4 deployments and 3 moves in 4 years. Come read our Journey and how is is to be an Army Family. Home is where the Army moves us, from here to there to everywhere...
My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier
Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.
Hahaha we sold my Civic before the Hus left so now I'm stuck driving his big old Silverado everywhere and I HATE it. Don't you just hate thinking, man this truck could be my husband's mistress, he loves the dang thing so much. Well at least that's what I think sometimes.
ReplyDeleteAshleigh- Yes my husband loves his truck dearly. I feel weird driving "his truck", lol! Plus I just never really wanted to drive a truck. But, then I don't want to have to ask anyone to start it again. I drive an Armada, which is pretty big, so thankfully it wasn't like going from a car to a truck. Good luck driving the Silverado.
ReplyDelete~Alicia