My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I wish laundry would just wash itself...

DAY 35-

Today, when Michael was making his and his sister's lunch, because he sometimes wants to do this, he threw away 8 slices of bread. Enough for 4 sandwiches, I was so frustrated. Apparently my youngest had snuck into it, and pinched a small piece on each. Not enough to throw them away and waste food.

After taking the kids to school and then coming home to put my make up on. I had a waste of time Doctors appointment. I had to go in to be referred to ENT (Ear, noise, throat). I was in and out in 10 minutes, after arranging for my son to be picked up at the bus stop, which happens to be in front of our house. But, I arrived home and hour earlier then I thought I would, and canceled my friend picking him up.

Well, the appointment was for a mass by my left ear, that has been there for 9 years now. I was getting treatment before we moved a few months ago. But was dragging my feet to making this appointment to get referred. Now I have to sit and wait for them, meaning the ENT to call me to set up an appointment. I really just want this mass to be gone, and not have to worry about it anymore. I am not looking forward to these upcoming appointments that I will have to do though.

When I arrived home, and the rest of the day, I worked on the laundry that I have been putting off. It is hard to keep up on laundry when your trying to stay busy all the time. I was trying to keep the kids busy in order not to think about daddy being gone. It seemed like my day was filled with putting the laundry in the wash, then in the dryer, taking it to the couch to fold it, and then carrying it up the stairs to put away. Which this rotation let's just say, happened quite a few times. One thing though, I probably got a good work out in my legs today, going up and down the stairs. I just wish the laundry would have washed itself. That would have helped me tons, and I could have done something that was fun today. But, nope, laundry it was.

To make my laundry matters even worse, I always have my oldest son bring down laundry from each room. I remind him to get all of it. Well, while cleaning his messy room, I found laundry shoved everywhere. Under his bed, in his closet, etc. So, after almost accomplishing all of my laundry today, I now have a full basket, thanks to my lovely son.

I made pork chops for dinner tonight. I never do, so I didn't have a recipe. I cooked them on the stove and added some Johnny's Seasoning (from Washington State, it's the best stuff ever), and they turned out great. I was proud of myself, then we had mixed vegetables, and potatoes o'brien. We had the potatoes o'brien last night and they just tasted so good, that I decided on that again. Now were out.

Tonight we had another surprise call from Josh again, for 18 minutes. Yesterday I let him know that the kids really want to hear daddy's voice. It has been a couple weeks since they last talked to him. Sad thing was, he was calling for them, and they were sleeping. It was 10 p.m, and they had been in bed for 2 hours. But, it was early morning for him. I still woke them up though. The boys were half out of it, and sad they probably won't remember in the morning. They sleep like daddy. Elizabeth on the other hand, had a little bit of conversation, because she sleeps like mommy. She will probably be talking about daddy all day tomorrow. We realized it would be hard for him to call here, with out it being a weird time where he is, because of the opposite hours, and the kids in school, or sleeping when he would call. Unless it was on weekends.

They love their daddy so much, and it just stinks being away from him. September couldn't get here fast enough, so I hope this time, at least until September speeds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.