My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Lost in the Night....

DAY 25-

Last night we spent the night at a friends house because I was babysitting. The 3 kids and I, and the dog. I had to take the kennel, which is big, and our 80 something pound dog. Apparently, since he has not been in the car since our big move from Maryland to here, he got car sick for the hour he was in the car. Not a very welcoming site when you open the truck. So, after arriving at the house, the first thing I had to do before carrying the enormous kennel inside, was clean it. Boy did that just stink! Literally!

She had plenty of room for the kids and I to sleep, and even an extra twin bed. Our dog Luke was a pain though, and a big embarrassment. He was peeing everywhere, so he kept on being put back in his kennel. He hasn't done that since we moved into this house 4 months ago, when he was "marking his territory". That is why we are not having anymore dogs. It was just more of a pain, and worry having to take him to spend the night, and then him doing that. We woke up around 8, and she made biscuits and gravy and also sausage. It was good, I haven't had either in who know when. After the kids and I ate, and got ready we were on our way home to drop off Luke.

I had to carry the enormous kennel back in the house, I let him outside, and then back inside his kennel. We were going to Church. For once, we were extra early to Church. Usually we are right on time. We will have to try that more often. I took the kids to their rooms, and then I sat alone. After Church we came home and ate lunch and then I had work to do for my online classes. Then we were waiting around the house to go to our Army Wives Watching Army Wives.

First, before we went to that, we had to go to Walmart and get brownies. Which by this time it was already 6:50 p.m. I got distracted talking to my friend who was walking through the neighborhood. She doesn't live to far from us. It was nice talking to her because I don't get to talk to her that often. Then after she left I was trying to put the directions in my GPS, but it didn't work so I had to grab my husbands GPS. We used that one to get to her house. It was like If you live in Washington and your driving from Spanaway to Yelm. The place reminded me a little of Yelm. Of course Josh's GPS got us lost and was driving us around circles. I was getting frustrated, and about ready to give up since I had never been there. But I was glad I didn't. When we got there we met ALL NEW ladies. We never met any of them before. They were all really nice also. We had a great time. I spent most of the time socializing, and now need to re-watch tonight's episode. That is okay though, because I hardly get to talk to other adults.

When leaving we of course got lost in the night. I was getting so frustrated because Josh's GPS wanted to take me down a road that was closed, and would not figure out a different way. I tried, and then it took me down a street, which I thought was a new way. It took me right back to where we came from. So, it was a good thing that I had my GPS. It took me TWO GPS's to get home. I had both of them set to our home address hoping one of them would get me home.It was crazy. For a few minutes I felt like I was trapped in a maze that I was never going to get out of. It was dark, and I had no clue where I was because I had never been there before. But, we finally made it. By this time the kids fell asleep in the car. I took a picture of all of them sleeping, it was cute. They had a long day. So, they all went right to bed when we got home.

It was nice tonight though, I got to "talk" to Josh on Facebook chat for a few minutes. It made my night. It will be a couple of days until I chat with him again. He will be busy. And it was nice seeing a picture of him in Iraq, with the lady that I babysat her son, her husband was also in the picture.

Even though I got to "talk" with him tonight, I still wish he was here with me. I caught myself again tonight, looking downstairs after closing the kids bedrooms doors, and getting a little sad, wishing he was sitting on the couch waiting for me. This is not our first deployment, in fact it is our fourth, and the thing that really stinks, and saddens me even more is that, this will not be our last deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.