My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hanging out with a fellow, Army Wife who's husband is deployed

DAY 14-

Wow, this week has gone by so much faster. I cannot believe tomorrow is Thursday. We have had a very busy week, and will still continue having a busy week. I know that each day that passes, We are one day closer to seeing Josh. Things are getting a little better, but if I have just one quiet moment, from all the craziness around, I do think of him and I miss him.

All three of the kids were in school today. When Johnathan's bus came he was so excited and dancing, and saying Yay!!! Poor little guy was teased two times by two buses passing on the main road, that he thought was his bus. Then his bus finally came. He loves riding the bus. Mommy calls it the little boy bus. I had to pick him up early today from school because it was his Dentist appointment. Good thing I picked him up a half hour earlier then I was planning because there was an accident on the freeway that caused everyone to go down to one lane on the shoulder. The freeway was blocked. So, we just made it on time to his appointment, instead of being a half hour early. It takes us a half hour to get to their dentist. Johnathan dis so well at his appointment. He was so well behaved, and they were able to do his teeth cleaning and everything. Now we won't have to see the dentist for another 6 months. I scheduled all 3 in one day for the next visit, and it is in the middle of when Josh is suppose to be home for his 2 weeks. But that date could always change. If it does, I will just change the dentist appointments.

After Michael and Elizabeth came home from school we went to a fellow Army Wife's house who's husband is deployed, to eat dinner. We had a great time. To bad they didn't live just a little closer instead of about 20 minutes away. It was nice being able to hang out with some one whos husband is also gone. The kids had a great time playing with her son. Usually on a daily basis I will start having the kids put pajamas on at 7, and then doing our Bible Verse, and then our Prayer. Tonight we got home at around 9. So, the kids put on their pajamas, and we did our nightly Prayer. I really don't like going with out the nightly Prayer, especially since Josh is away from us. After I put the kids to bed, I just had a brief moment while I was in the room, just the thought of oh my goodness, Josh is away, I wont see him for a few months, but then I had to stop myself. I cannot think about that, I have to stay strong. In my heart I miss him a lot, but I have to many things to do around here, and 3 kids to take care of that I just cannot let his absense get to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way...when I think about the year stretched ahead of me I get WAY too discouraged and sad. So, I have decided I'm not allowed to think about it. Ha. Well at least I'm going to try not to. Whenever I get overwhelmed, I try to think "I can get through today." and then today turns into tomorrow...and it's only two weeks later for me, but hey that's better than no weeks right :) Stay strong. Prayer is amazing! God will always hear your prayers, even if it's just to tell him how much you miss your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh- yes, it is very hard to think how much more time we are going to be apart. This is only the start of our deployment, but the 4 time has has been gone, so that is why it is so hard for me. Just trying to stay busy is best, but then you get those quiet moments, and it hits you, my love, my best friend, my amazing Soldier and Husband, is very far away from me, and I won't see him for a few months. Just still taking it one day at a time...

    Good Luck to you Ashleigh

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.