My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pajamas, a Movie, and McDonalds....

DAY 16-

Since Josh left on a Thursday, it seems like we have started a Friday Night, Pajamas and a movie night every night since. Tonight was our third one. It is more for the kids then me. I let them watch the movie in their pajamas while I get something done around the house, or work on my online classes. This was originally my oldest sons idea, the first time, and we just kept, and will continue to keep doing it. It gives them something to look forward to every night, and help the week go by just a little faster. Tonight I got them Mc Donalds, to eat while watching their movie. They all had cheeseburgers, and I got the regular kids meals. Next time I'm going to have to by the Big Kids Meals for Elizabeth and Johnathan. Elizabeth offered Johnathan a bite of hers, but change her mind. Johnathan wanted the whole cheesburger, not a bite. And then when Michael didn't finish all of his, Elizabeth took it, and Johathan was mad because he didn't get it first. This is not going to be an every Friday night thing, because we hardly eat out. I always start the movie between 5:30- 6.p.m, that way it finishes before their normal bedtime. And they are able to go to bed on time. Mommy still needs her break. They watched E.T tonight because they had never seen that movie before. They seem to like it, even though I have not see it in years, I really couldn't get into it. So, I worked on laundry. Then when it finished, we did our Bible Studys, in which the kids call it. Reading a verse from the Bible, and then disscussing it, and we finished with our night time Prayer, that Daddy knows how much we love him, and miss him, that he has the strength to go on every day with out us, and the strength to fight the bad guys. The last part is what Michael likes to say. And of course, you can't forget about Mommy, Praying for the strength and Patience I need to raise the 3 kids by myself.

Johnathan doesn't have school on Fridays, but I took Michael and Elizabeth to school. I let them out of the car, gave them their hugs and kisses and they left. I always sit for a few minutes and watch the two play, until the bell rings. I'm never in a hurry to get back home. I also thought Michael's field trip was today. I found out it wasn't today, after the bell rang, instead of Michael going to class he was walking towards the car. I couldn't figure out what he was doing. I hopped out of the car really fast, and was like Michael what are you doing? The bell rang, you need to get to class. He told me that the Field trip was next Friday, and that he wasn't still feeling well, after last night's episode. So, I loaded him back up in the car. I think I'm the only parent that takes their kids home before school starts. I think a lot of parents were looking at me crazy, like, "What are you doing?" So, then we went home, and the boys watched television most of the day since he wasn't feeling well. They don't usually watch a lot of t.v, but Michael didn't need to be playing since he wasn't feeling good. I worked on laundry, and my online classes during this time.

After school, we drove up to the bus stop to pick Elizabeth up because we needed to go to Walmart. I needed to get Johnathan a bigger back pack for school, but tell me why they didn't have any besides the new Dragon movie ones, and they were just creepy. So, we didn't find one. I also bought a few things to get Josh a care package together when I get his address. I still have a few more things to pick up for that. I'm going to try and be a good wife, and if we have the money, send him a care package every two weeks. It's the least I can do for my Soldier, show him all the Support that I can. Especially since I'm not able to talk to him a lot. After Walmart we went through the Mc Donalds drive through, got the food, and brought it home. Then the kids changed into their pajamas and watched E.T.

We are just trying to keep busy. Today went by pretty fast. The best way for me to do it, is every 2 weeks, pay day to pay day, and enjoy the days in between. Having the days go by faster, and getting through the day, I know it is another day closer to seeing Josh. There are still times, that I catch myself thinking about him, and missing him, and I feel it deeply in my heart, wanting him here by my side. I try to avoid it though, it is hard and nearly impossible. But I just take it as it comes, and now today is over, and we are another day closer to seeing him again.

4 comments:

  1. Movies really helped me get through the part of the deployment we went through between when I quit my job, and when classes started (I had a month gap). My days were still busy with errands and random stuff, but evenings were another story, I always found myself moping around, and popping in a movie seemed to make the time go faster, because by the time it was over, it was bedtime, then it was time to wake up and another day was over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc's Girl- Movies are a great thing to pass time. Right now they are a great thing for the kids. As of now, I'm not quite ready for them. I watched one but that is it. It was mine and my husbands thing to do almost every night after the kids went to bed, that or watch t.v. I haven't been able to really sit on the couch after I put the kids to bed, it just really makes me miss him. One of these days, I will do it, happened once, couldn't do it again. We will see, :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely another day closer. And always believe that you are doing exactly what you need to do. Have a great weekend.

    www.rawadventuresarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little T- This past week has gone by so much faster since the kids were back in school. We also had a busy schedule of my son having soccer and wrestling. I hope it continues to go by fast. We are down to 5 and a half months now until he will be home again, :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.