My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, April 9, 2010

I sent off his first care package today, but not the last...

DAY-23

Johnathan doesn't have school on Fridays, but I still took the older two to school today. I like that few extra minutes of sleep instead of rushing out to the bus stop. Michael had his first field trip with this school today. It was to some art place. I would have loved to go with my son, but on the parent permission slip they said they already had their parent volunteers.

Later on Johnathan and I took Josh's first care package to the Post Office, and now that is sent off. It should be to him in two weeks, about. We got his address a couple days ago, I just took the last couple days to add a few last minute items. In this care package I sent a twin air mattress, in which we already had, he had asked me to send it. I sent some snacks, his oh, not so lovely chew, and some pictures of the day he left. The ones taken of all of us, him and I, and then each one with the kids. I also sent a picture of his big baby, a.k.a, his truck.

After that Johnathan and I drove about 25 minutes to a park playdate. He had fun, but it was hard for mommy to socialize, making sure he didn't get hurt. That is all I would need, him getting hurt and then daddy asking, were you watching him? So, I stuck by him. We stayed about an hour and then came home. It was then time to get Michael and Elizabeth off the bus.

When we were walking home our neighbor was outside. I knew I needed to ask her about if her son could get Josh's truck started back up for me. I really hate asking for peoples help. She said her son's friend was coming over shortly and he could help. And he did, I was so thankful for that. Now, my hubby won't be in a bad mood because his truck is not running. The kids also had a science class after school. Well, since the neighbor was planting some stuff, she had them help her. They really enjoyed that. And they got to water to. So, we were outside about an hour before we came in.

I was asking Michael about his field trip, and how it was and if he had far to go. He said he had fun. And he said they had a long trip, because it was in Denver. Which is like an hour away. I seriosuly didn't remember signing a form to take him to Denver. I am curious now so I need to ask the teacher. No wonder why he wanted a book to read on the bus, but mommy was like, Your not going to have a long ride. It really shocked me when he told me it was Denver. Hmm, I wil have to see.

Then it was dinner, pajamas, and a movie. We had our frozen pizza, and fries tonight. Great combination, I know, but the kids liked it. Tonight I ordered Alvin and the Chipmunks the squeakel off On Demand. I was sitting on the couch and then was all of a sudden tired. So, I fell asleep on the couch after I ate, and they were right there with me watching the movie.

I don't know what it is about the couch anymore. It puts me to sleep everytime I'm on it. Probably because I have tried avoiding the couch since Josh left. I hardly sit down on it anymore, if I do, only for a short period of time. A part of me just doesn't want to go there, just remembering the time we spent watching t.v on it.

Today was a pretty good day, but then I get to moments like these where I am all alone, my house is quiet, nobody is around me, and it just reminds me that I still have awhile until I see my hubby again, and that just stinks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.