My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting things done!

DAY 42-

First thing this morning after Johnathan getting on the school bus and then taking the other two to school, I marched right into the school. I had to talk to them. I was very uncomfortable about sending Elizabeth to school today after she screamed 3 times last night that she didn't want to go to school, I ended up bringing her in the room with me to sleep. That wasn't the only thing though, her telling me she doesn't like herself is not normal for a 5 year old. Something is wrong, and this something seems to be at school since she doesn't want to go. I thought tonight we got away from hearing, "I don't like myself" because they got out of school at 1:40 today, and she never said it, until bed time, she said "I hate myself"! It is like a stab in the heart all the time to me, hearing this. It hurts so bad, and I just wish I knew why she was saying it.

When I was in the school today, I told the office who I was going to see, and then another lady was at the office who knew the lady. This lady told me that the teacher I was seeing had stepped out for a few minutes. She never told the teacher I was there apparently. I was waiting and waiting and waiting, and finally the principal had seen I was waiting, and about after at least 25 minutes of waiting, he went and got her. She said nobody had told her. I went to this lady, because she was the one that responded to THE NOTE I WROTE FOR THE ELIZABETH'S TEACHER, not her. But since she responded, and Elizabeth's teacher was in class, and I knew it had to be taken care of, I talked to her. I really didn't want to send Elizabeth today with all these behaviors she has had, something, at school is not right. I don't know if it is a student making fun of her, or what it is. Whatever it is needs to be stopped, and changed, immediately. I will let them know tomorrow, that she has change it from not liking herself, to now hating herself. And anything else that happens, they will know. I am not dealing with this anymore. My daughter should feel comfortable about being at school, and not be doing this behavior, at 5 that is.

I guess they talked to Elizabeth and she didn't tell them much, but it will not stop there. The more she does the things she has been, the more we will get to the bottom of it. This mom is not dealing with my daughter being uncomfortable at school, for whatever reason it is. It will be changed, I will make sure of it.

After I left the half hour meeting, I came home and ran my half mile. I improved by a minute because of running a little more. Instead of 9 minutes 27 seconds, it was 8 minutes 29 seconds. So, hopefully it will just continue to get better. Then I came home and took a nap, until Johnathan arrived off the bus. Since the other two had 2 hour early dismissal, they weren't home much longer after them.

I also got a call to make an appointment for my mass by my left ear. I went to see a Doctor last Wednesday to get a referral out to get it taken care of. And here it is today, I had the Doctors office call me, and I made the appt. for next Tuesday. I just want this mass taken care of.

Tonight I made chili for dinner, and added turkey sausage. It was good. We needed to eat something fast because of an FRG meeting tonight. The kids wore their pajamas to watch the Chipmunk movie, the squeakal. They ended up having pizza, I didn't have any, but the kids did. They also had popcorn, pretzels, and pop. When we came home the kids fell asleep in the car. On the way home we got stuck by a never ending train. This seems to be a common thing every other time that I head to Fort. They need to set a limit on how long the train could be.

Now, this day is ending, it will be time to start a new day tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Chilli sounds good!

    And what the crap is up with that mass?!??! Don't the docs understand taht you want it looked at and removed or something?!?!? GEsh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you can resolve the isue with Elizabeth and the school! She is massively beautiful!!

    Congrats on the 1/2 mile time!!

    Enjoy your Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your daughter's heart, poor little thing. I hope she starts feeling better about herself soon. Good for you for being so proactive in getting to the bottom of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW hun! Seems like things haven't gotten better since I last caught up on blogs. Good for you for going and talking with the school. Keep them posted. Get her talking to the counselor and stuff. It may take time, but eventually stuff will come out. Just don't push her too much to talk. She'll talk when she's ready. I can't imagine how you are feeling though. Just keep doing what you're doing and show her how much mommy and daddy love her! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.