My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!

DAY 18-

Not long after I wrote my blog last night, my husband called me, it was more of a tease, or felt like a dream than anything else. We only got to talk for 4 minutes, before the line cut off, and until now 24 hours later, he still has not called back. I don't know what happened, but those 4 minutes was not long enough to talk to him. Yes, I got to hear his voice, but when your in the middle of saying something to your husband, and then realize he is no longer on the other line, it really kind of hurt after I realized he wasn't calling back. So, it really might not have even been 4 minutes. This is our first Holiday this Deployment without Josh, and of course it won't be the last one this deployment. Unfortunately we have missed quite a few Holidays together on the Last 3 deployments.

Last night when he called the kids were decorating Easter Eggs, it was late because of the crazy day yesterday. They each got to dye a few eggs. Even though it was late, I really didn't want them to miss the experience, and beings I'm the only parent here, that means I'm the only one that could give them the opportunity. So, after that it was bath time, and then bed time. By this time it was at least 11:30 p.m. Usually every night I stick with them getting their pajamas on by 7:15 p.m, and then doing Bible Study, and Praying with them, and having them in bed by 8:00 p.m, and this goes for usually every night, weekday or weekend. So, last night, it was very uncommon.

After they went to bed I filled the 12 plastic eggs with candy. I figured each child could have 4 of those. Then I hard boiled 18 eggs, for them to dye, so each child would get 6 of those. Which would bring them to a total of 10 eggs a piece. Which was enough for them. Finally it was bedtime for mommy, I think it was 12:30 a.m by the time I went to bed.

I told myself, I was going to get up at 7 a.m to hide the eggs, well that didn't happen. I woke up at 8:40 a.m. The kids were up, thankfully they don't have a window to the backyard. I told them to stay in their bedrooms because it was not time for them to get up yet, haha, they didn't know the difference. I told them I would come and get them when it was time to come out. So, I grabbed my long pajama pants, and my fleece, because I wasn't quite ready to put on my dress yet. I went downstairs, grabbed the Easter eggs, all 30 of them, and went to the backyard, for Mommy's big adventure of hiding them, A.K.A The Easter Bunny. After I was done I went to the kids rooms and let them know the Easter Bunny had came. I had also set their Easter Baskets on the table last night. All 3 of the kids put on their Easter clothes, and came downstairs to open their Easter Baskets. After they opened the baskets, and took their toys out we went outside to find the Easter eggs. Then we came back inside to have breakfast. Nothing fancy, but enough for them to say "your the best mommy" Score! Well they had a doughnut, half of a banana, and one of their eggs they found outside. I was surprised they all ate their eggs. I took plenty of pictures of them during this time. Then it was time for mommy to get ready, we were going to Church.

When we got to Church today, there were so many people. I know a lot of people go on Christmas, and Easter, but wow. They had chairs set up in the entry way, and of course that is where Michael and I sat. They didn't have any grade school class today, but they had class for the other two. He ended up sitting in my lap so we could be in the first row, out in the entry way. That way we could see a little better. Don't forget, he will be 8 on Wednesday, so he is not a small boy.

After Church we were fortunate enough to be invited to a friends house for a BBQ. We had a lot of fun there, and were there from around 12:30-4:50 p.m. The kids had fun playing with other kids, and mommy had a great time socializing with other adults. Something that doesn't get to happen much anymore. Elizabeth didn't want to leave in fact, and threw a temper tantrum. The only way to get her to leave was to carry her to the car. I don't know what we would have done if they didn't invite us, we really don't know many people here, so we probably would have came home and have been bored. So, we were very thankful for the invite.

After we got home I rested, but not really with the screaming, and fighting, and bugging mommy. I then fed the kids cereal, again, for dinner since they had a late lunch, and we were not that hungry. Tonight the kids were able to be in bed on time, and that made mommy very happy.

I'm just going to be sitting here, hoping, and wishing that my husband will call me again. I just want to know what happened last night, I really want to have the chance to talk to him more then 4 minutes. Until then, I can only treasure those 4 minutes that I did have talking with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.