My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today I did feel like Super Mom....

DAY 21-

I just want to start off my Blog wishing my oldest son a HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!
8 years ago, I became a mom for the first time. Was I ready? I think not! I was only 19 when I had my son. And my husband, of only 6 months at that time was the same age. We found out we were pregnant with our son 2 months after we graduated, which means 1 month after graduating we got pregnant. What an awakening after Graduating. A complete change of plans, we were married about a year earlier then planned because we were to become parents. And to this day, I'm proud of my husband for standing by my side and not running the opposite way when he was an 18 year old teenager who found out he was going to be a father, and soon after and 18 year old teenager to become a husband. Here it is 8 years later, and we have been married 8 and a half years, even through now the start of our 4th deployment. We have had our ups, and we have had our downs, and we have kept our love growing strong through all of it, so, it is also a day to celebrate us, becoming parents for the first time, sticking together after finding out at such a young age, and celebrating everything since that day we found out we were going to be parents. I love you Josh!!!

Today was such a busy, busy day! After Johnathan got on his bus, I took the older two to school. I decided to treat myself, and in celebrating the first time I became a mom, and went and got myself a breakfast burrito, tots, and an orange juice at Sonic. I had my husband tell me a few weeks before he left that they had the best breakfast burritos there, and I should try one. So, I did. Then I went and got me my coffee at my coffee stand. I know I should stop. But it reminds me of Home, because of all the coffee stands in Washington. I'm addicted to, because of my best friend! After getting that I came home, ate and then fixed my hair and put on my make up. I then left again to head to the PX. I needed to cash Michael's birthday check for tonight. I also picked up a few items to finish off Josh's care package. I hope to plan on sending that tomorrow, since I got his address yesterday. I have been picking up little things for it here and there for the past week. Before I went to the PX though I had to get gas because I was down to a half of a tank.

After leaving the PX I ran to the kids school, I needed to take their lunch money because I was to lazy to make lunches today, and had not cash. So I got cash back at the PX for that. I then went home after living the kids school to get Johnathan off the bus. He came inside to eat lunch and I cleaned some of the house up, mainly did the dishes though. After he was done eating we ran to Walmart. I got Michael a Cupcake Cake for his class, it was Transformers. And I picked up some Capri-Sun for his class also, While at Walmart, I also picked up his birthday cake for us, and some ice cream, and also a few other things. Then Johnathan and I came home for an hour and I did a little more cleaning, and put Michael's birthday cups, plates, napkins, and his cake on the table with my 3 kids filled treat bags. I did that so he could see them when he came home from school.

When the hour was up, Johnathan and I went to the kids school, we were told we could take the Cupcake Cake to school at 2:45 p.m. When first arriving at the school and walking down the hallway, the first person I see who just happens to be getting water out of all the kids in the school, happened to be my daughter. She didn't know I was bringing her brother cupcakes. I was a bit worried she would throw a temper tantrum, but I told her we were having cake later. She gave me a hug, and went back to her resource class. I went to Michael's class to give the treats to the kids. Michael picked two friends to help pass out the cupcakes, paper towels, and Capri Sun. Of course, mommy had to help to. I think the kids must have had a hard time believing I was his mom (I think I'm one of the youngest 2nd grade moms at his school) I heard them talking in little confused voices,like they were finding it hard to believe, "Is that Ms. Meeks?" Of course they are to young to understand the difference between, Ms,and Mrs. I had to laugh to myself. I told them, Yes, I am Michael's mom. This whole time Johnathan was running around like a crazy little boy. By the time everything was passed out, and finished school was over and the bell rang. It was time to go. I was trying to hurry to the front of the building to grab Elizabeth before she got on the bus. I noticed she was already gone and figured it wouldn't be that big of deal, the bus is headed our way anyway. Michael had gone somewhere at the front of the school to get his birthday pencil. At the end of the school day they announce all the kids in the schools birthday, and tell them to go get their pencil. There were 3 today. So I was going to meet him out front by the office. I was signing out wondering where he was, when all of a sudden I look out, and he had Elizabeth. He took it upon himself to go and pull her off the bus. I was proud of him for doing that. We then left, and headed home.

We were home for a half and hour while Michael changed into nicer clothes for his pictures, and I went to the basement to print out our Chuckie Cheese coupons, then we hit the road again. Off to Walmart. Michael had his 8 year old pictures taken today. I also picked the ones up from Johnathan's birthday, and have those to add to Josh's care package tomorrow. When Michael's pictures were finished we met up with our friend, that her husband is deployed with Josh, and her husband shares a name with my husband. And then her son who shares a birthday with Elizabeth, and will be 2. We went to Chuckie Cheese. In the car Elizabeth was talking about Daddy again. She is really missing daddy, but still is really confused about why he is not here. I continue to explain to her he will always be her daddy, and in a few months she will see him again. I told her in about 5 and a half months he will be home to visit. Which only confused her more, because poor little girl got so excited, and happy and was screaming YAY!! I felt so bad after that.

It really seems like this time was more tiring then the last time, and our friend was with us. The kids behavior was a lot better last time. We ate, but they didn't eat as well as last time. Then they went to use their tokens for the games, our friend gave them some additional coins also. And she was kind enough to give Michael a birthday present, but I mainly wanted her there for mommy to have someone to visit. I bought Michael a soccer ball, and a cup as his prize. After leaving Chuckie Cheese we came home for Michael to open his 3 presents, and have his cake and ice cream. I think we finally arrived home around 7:30 p.m. The kids were able to go to bed about 8:30 p.m after our Prayer time. I took plenty of pictures today, and will post them on my facebook so that hopefully daddy can see. He now is able to have Internet where he is which is a fabulous thing.

Now mommy is super tired, after feeling like a Super Mom, and super busy lady today. I think I will be getting good sleep tonight. Being Super Busy today, sure made this day go by Super fast, and yet, here we are, another day closer to seeing Josh....

2 comments:

  1. Nice job super mom! Sounds like you had one busy and fulfilling day. I love that your oldest got little sister off of the bus. I love it when they look out for each other. Mine have been really good to each other since Daddy left and I am so thankful. All three of them are currently sharing the top half of a bunk bed and although they are surely too old for this, I don't care. I know that they will not always want to be as close as they are now so I am going to relish the time I have for such behavior. Happy b-day big guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh- I was so happy when he was a good brother and pulled her off the bush. It did save us some time. It is good that your siblings are being good together. It is good for them because they are all in the same situation of being apart from daddy, and they can all understand each other.

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.