My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Giraffes, Bears, and Monkeys, Oh My!!!

DAY 30-

Today Josh has been gone 30 days, but not yet officially a month. I know it is kind of confusing. On Sunday, he will officially be gone a month.

I got up this morning, got Elizabeth her lunch for her field trip, and also mine and Johnathan's. Then I put the stroller in the back of the SUV, and took the two kids to school. First I dropped them off to get to their classrooms, and then I went to park the car. Then Johnathan and I went into Elizabeth's class, after checking into the front office of course. I wanted to wait with the class until the kindergartners loaded the bus. When they started loading the bus, Johnathan and I went back to the car to wait.

When the buses left, there were 2 buses, and 7 cars following. I was holding up the pack, the last car in line, making sure everybody kept up with the pack. Hey, it just worked out that way, but I can pretend right?

The only way I was able to go to the zoo on Elizabeth's field trip is because Johnathan and I were able to use the group discount of $5.00 a piece. We then got to spend the day with Elizabeth, her four friends, and her teacher. It was a great day, and a great work out walking on all the hills. Johnathan enjoyed seeing all of the animals. He is finally at the age where he understands about animals. I took some pictures with my I-Phone because, I had my camera, but the batteries were dead. The kids got to feed the giraffes crackers, and the bird birds seed on a stick. Then at another part of the zoo, a parrot would talk every time you would look away. He would make you think you were going crazy. We were at the zoo from 10 a.m-1:30 p.m.

When we left, I wanted to follow the bus back, but by the time I got Johnathan and our stuff loaded in the car, they disappeared. I was like great, good thing I have my GPS, because I Had no clue of how to get home. So, after driving for a few minutes, I finally caught back up to them on the main road, and followed them from there.

When the kids arrived home from school, we continued "our training". Today we walked a mile and a half in 33 minutes. That was with 3 water breaks, and stopping a few times to make sure my daughter was with me. I was proud of the kids though. They are not use to walking that much, but, they didn't complain. We are "training" for the March of Dimes, next Saturday. Every time we practice I let them know that we are raising money for babies that are sick, or are in the hospital for other reasons. If you want to help the babies that March of Dimes supports, and help me teach our kids a lesson of helping others, and raising money for babies that need care, please donate to the March of Dimes, the tab is at the top right of this post. The money is for a great cause and the babies really need your help. It will further help my three children understand the reasons of why we are doing this to help others.

While we were walking I did also let the kids know, the sooner we get home, the sooner we can go get pizza for dinner. Well, we didn't end up getting pizza because we were looking for Little Caesars, specifically for their $5.00 pizzas that Elizabeth's teacher was telling me about. But, the GPS, took us on a wild goose chase and couldn't find the one it had on the GPS. So, we ended up at Burger King, and I spent more money then I wanted to. Because by this time, I was starving, and just needed to eat.

When we got home the kids put on their mis-matched pajamas, that is what Michael decided it would be tonight. Then they watched Wall E, and ate Burger King. I don't know what it is about that couch anymore, but it puts me to sleep every time I sit on it, since I rarely sit on the couch, except to fold laundry. I ended up taking a nap during the movie, on the couch, with the kids right beside me. Then it was bath time and bed time for them.

Not for mommy though, I had to work on my online classes. I have two I'm taking, and Sunday is my last day of these classes, it has been 9 weeks. Then I start two more on Monday.

Today was a great, fun, busy day. It helps to have these great days, making the days go by faster so we are another day closer to seeing my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.